Monday, September 6, 2010

Fish Cake on a Stick Soup

First of all, Happy Labor Day! :) It's nice to have a three day weekend... hehe~ I hope you guys are enjoying it as much as I am.
Today, I bought fish cakes. It's the ones with the stick holding them together... hehe~ My dad for some odd reason wants to eat this on a hot day. :/ Usually, people eat this during the cold, winter weather. It warms you up!... hehe~ :)

If you need some guidance with the ingredients, you can check out my Korean Cooking 101. ;)

Ingredients:
water
anchovies
dashima
chopped garlic
radish
fish cake on a stick
salt
black pepper
garlic salt
chopped green onions

Step 1:
In a pot, add anchovies and dashima (dried seaweed) in water. Cook the broth for 15 minutes.

Step 2:
After 15 minutes, take out the anchovies and dashima. Then add chopped garlic and cut radish.
I usually do this, but for some odd reason I forgot this time around... lol~ :X What I would have done is while cooking the broth, I would have soaked the fish cake in hot water to get rid of some of the oil. It makes me feel healthier knowing the soup has less oil. To be honest, you don't need to do this... hehe~ ;)

I added the fish cake on a stick. You're suppose to have a lot of broth. It's suppose to cover the fish cake, but I feel like it's a waste of broth. Most people eat the fish cake more than the broth... hehe~ :X For that reason, I have less broth. While cooking, I cover the soup to make sure the top of the fish cake (the one that's not covered in broth) cooks.

After cooking for 10 minutes or more, I add salt and black pepper to taste. I also add garlic salt but you don't need this. ;) Then I cook it for  another 10 more minutes or so.
At the end of cooking, I add chopped green onions. You don't need to do this but I want some color in my soup... hehe~
Now you can eat the soup... hehe~
We dip the fish cake on a stick in a soy sauce mixture; soy sauce, a little water, and little bit of wasabi.

10 comments:

¿나디아? said...

sounds yummy I'm gunna try it one time! :D

amynaree said...

this look really yummy and easy, must try! thanks for sharing

Jennet said...

This looks soo good, lol. I'll be on the lookout for those fishcakes the next time I visit the Korean supermarket. :P You make me want to do some cooking myself! haha.

AskMeWhats said...

oh wow! I can literally feel my saliva squirting all over..NOT A GOOD SIGHT! hahahha

DinaXYYan said...

We don't celebrate it here but Happy Labor Day! The fish cake looks so yummy! :D

Shop N' Chomp said...

Fish cake on a stick sounds like a brilliant idea! I love how your recipes are always so simple. Perfect for non-cooks like me...hehe. :)

Fruity Lashes said...

happy labor day! fish cake hmm so yummy

Jannie said...

Hi, Alyssa! Wow. That soup dish of yours looks really yummy. I have never seen food on a stick in soup before. The fish cakes look like they'll be fun and easy to eat. I'm sure kids will enjoy it. I know they like eating things on sticks like Justin. Hehehe... :D

How was your Labor Day weekend? Mine was...well, relaxing. I pretty much spent time with Justin. We played a good game of Memory and he won. Yes, I lost to a five-year-old. Hahahaha... That's great though. It'll build up his memory.

I feel so bad for not blogging for a while. I'm thinking of posts, but I could not really decide on an idea. And usually, I'm too tired to make a post. I will though. I don't know when, but I know I will sometime this month.

Take care. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy!!

Anonymous said...

Love this soup. :) My church seems to always have it when they picnic. Never fails, there's always bad weather on picnic days, so the soup is perfect.

I have leftover duk-bok-i in the fridge and this entry makes me want to go over and pick out all the fishcake, haha.

Wonderful blog, by the way. <3
-L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...