Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mario Badescu and Looks with Majolica Marjorca

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money except Mario Badescu and Majolica Marjorca. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I got some samples of Mario Badescu end of last year 2008 and I'm finally reviewing them.

Here are the products I got from top to bottom, left to right: Enzyme Cleansing Gel, Aloe Lotion, Apricot Super Rich Body Lotion, Summer Shine Body Lotion, Seaweed Night Cream, Strawberry Face Scrub, Frust and Vitamin A & D Hand Cream, Buttermilk Moisturizer, and Product Guide

Product Review:
Mario Badescu Skin Care

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at mariobadescu.com

How do you get samples: I tried looking on their web page but I can't find it anymore. They have a questionnaire you answer about your skin care, and then they send you some samples to try. I'm sure if you look around, you will find it. :) Anyways with my luck, I had to answer the questionnaire three times and finally contacting them worked. :X

My thoughts: I had some good experience and average experience. Some products are definitely worth trying out and some aren't, but that's usually the case with many brands or at least for me... hehe~

Enzyme Cleansing Gel:

What the product guide says: This non-foaming, gel cleanser thoroughly removes the day's make-up, dirt, and oil without drying the skin. Papaya Extracts are exfoliating Alpha Hydroxy Acids that help break down dulling build-up, leaving skin fresh and healthy.

Price: $12 for 8 oz. and $20 for 16 oz.

My thoughts: It felt weird using this cleanser because I'm use to foamy cleansers. It just felt like I was splashing water on my face... lol~ This is psychological more than anything. :P Other than feeling like it didn't wash my face, it smelled kind of waxy. Of course the smell goes away, but I didn't like the initial smell.

Aloe Lotion:

What the product guide says: Soothing Aloe and 2% alcohol make this mild astringent effective for deep cleaning combination skin. Disinfects skin's surface and removes residue that can clog pores.

Price: $15 for 8 oz., $26 for 16 oz. and $45 for 32 oz.

My thoughts: I wasn't too keen about this product when I received it, because I saw white precipation on the bottom of the container. Anything that isn't mixed in makes me a little wishy washy... hehe~ I tried it though to see if I would change my mind. Let's just say my initial reaction was right... hehe~ ;) For only 2% alcohol, it sure didn't smell that way to me.

Apricot Super Rich Body Lotion:

What the product guide says: Our delicately scented, non-greasy body lotion moisturizes dry skin and leaves the skin feeling smooth and soft while leaving behind a luscious Apricto scent.

Price: $10 for 6 oz. and $14 for 16 oz.

My thoughts: The lotion smelled delicious, very fruity which I love in moisturizers and perfumes. It's also very creamy and moisturizering to my dry skin especially during this winter months. This product was a good one! :)

Summer Shine Body Lotion:

What the product guide says: Enriched with Vitamin A, this greaseless body lotion softly shimmers to give a radiant glow while nourishing and moisturizing the skin. Reduces the appearache of dull, dry skin.

Price: $10 for 6 oz. and $22 for 16 oz.

My thoughts: This is definitely something you use in the summer not during the winter weather like I did... lol~ It wasn't moisturizing to my skin during this tough, winter weather and I was so sparkly. The bad part was everywhere I touched after using this lotion, I saw glitters... eek~ If you don't mind glitters, then this one is fine for you. It'll definitely be perfect for the night out.

Seaweed Night Cream:

What the product guide says: A non-greasy, oil-free night cream enriched with Vitamin A and Collagen that reduce the effects of aging. A high concentration of emollients along with Collagen help to preserve elasticity.

Price: $20 for 1 oz.

My thoughts: My initial reaction was it smelled bad. I guess you can say it smelled like seaweed... hehe~ The shocking thing was how moisturizing this product is especially during this tough, dry skin, winter weather I was having. The concept little goes a long way was definitely true for this moisturizer!!! It's also an interesting product. It felt like paste on my face instead of a creamy texture most moisturizer has.

Strawberry Face Scrub:

What the product guide says: Made with real Strawberry seeds that gently buff away flaky skin while natural AHA's breakdown dull build-up to unclog pores. It improves overall texture to the skin by revealing healthy, glowing skin while preventing blackheads.

Price: $15 for 4 oz.

My thoughts: You can see the seeds inside the scrub. I've heard great things about the strawberry seeds from whitening your teeth (grab a strawberry and brush it against your teeth) to exfoliating. I didn't noticed any exfoliating on my face, as well as, my nose pores getting smaller.

Fruit and Vitamin A & D Hand Cream:

What the product guide says: Vitamin-rich Fruit Extracts smoothes and softens skin while providing protection from harmful sun damage. Made with Orange Extract to rejuvenate dull skin.

Price: $10 for 4 oz.

My thoughts: It definitely healed my dry hand skin, but the weird thing is it didn't heal my chapped, cracked hands. Yes, my hands crack from doing the dishes. I have very weird hand skin during the winter weather... lol~ :P It felt very oily, was very creamy, and it smelled waxy.

Buttermilk Moisturizer:

What the product guide says: Lactic Acid is the rejuvenating AHA in this absorbent and soothing daily moisturizer for combination skin. Formulated with non-pore clogging Carnation Oil and Allantoin, an anti-inflammatory, botanical ingredient.

Price: $18 for 2 oz.

My thoughts: It didn't help my dry skin during this winter weather. I recommend it during the summer weather for combination to dry skin people like me. It also smelled waxy and I never seen a blue product before. I love blue (my favorite color) but not in my products... hehe~

What I recommend:
* Apricot Super Rich Body Lotion
* Seaweed Night Cream

What I don't recommend:
* Enzyme Cleansing Gel
* Aloe Lotion
* Summer Shine Body Lotion
* Strawberry Face Scrub
* Fruit and Vitamin A & D Hand Cream
* Buttermilk Moisturizer

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating: 2.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Couple of weeks ago, I posted my swap with Miracle (click here to see the post). One of the things I swapped with was a Majolica Marjorca eyeshadow palette in BR751.
Here's a picture of the palette just in case you guys can't remember... hehe~ :P When I received comments of people requesting looks with this palette, I was exstatic!!! :) The reason why I was so estatic is because I hardly have people requesting looks from me. I just assumed you guys didn't like my looks... lol~ :X Anyways, I did three looks with this palette.

Look #1:
What I used:
* UDPP
* MAC Paint Pot in Cash Flow (I put it in the Benefit container since I got a sample of it)
* Majolica Marjorca palette in BR751:
- gold color (top left) in inner, upper 2/3 and inner, bottom 1/3
- brown color (bottom left) on the outer "V", crease, and outer, bottom 2/3
* CG Sugar Rush as highlight
* L'oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black
* Smashbox Cream Eye Liner Duo in Smashing Beacon on the inner corner and inner, bottom 1/3
* CG LastBlast Luxe mascara

Look #2:
What I used:
* UDPP
* NYX Jumbo Pencil in Strawberry Milk
* Majolica Marjorca palette in BR751:
- pink color (bottom right) in inner, upper 2/3 and inner, bottom 1/3
- purple color (top right) on the outer "V", crease, and outer, bottom 2/3
* CG Sugar Rush as highlight
* L'oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black
* Smashbox Cream Eye Liner Duo in Smashing Beacon on the inner corner and inner, bottom 1/3
* CG LastBlast Luxe mascara

Look #3:
What I used:
* UDPP
* MAC Paint Pot in Cash Flow (I put it in the Benefit container since I got a sample of it) in inner, upper 1/3
* NYX Jumbo Pencil in Strawberry Milk in outer, upper 2/3
* Majolica Marjorca palette in BR751:
- pink color (bottom right) in inner, upper 1/3 and inner, bottom 1/3
- gold color (top left) in outer, upper 2/3 and middle, bottom
- purple color (top right) on the crease
- brown color (bottom left) on the outer "V"and outer, bottom 1/3
* CG Sugar Rush as highlight
* L'oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black
* Smashbox Cream Eye Liner Duo in Smashing Beacon on the inner corner and inner, bottom 1/3
* CG LastBlast Luxe mascara

Thank you Miracle!!! :)

I had fun playing around with the MJ palettes... wheee~ This isn't actually my first MJ palette. I actually own two more which I never posted or mentioned about... hehe~ I bought two end of last year at Adam Beauty. I got them in BR788 and BR799.

BR788:
BR799:
I just thought I'll post about these now since I did looks with the other one.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money except Mario Badescu and Majolica Marjorca. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol i tried like...one thing? and didn't get around to trying the rest :S
i kept putting it off cause of a skin thing here...and then a skin thing there...
anyway nice everday looks :)

roxy. said...

thanks for the review! i don't think i'll be trying out those products they seem expensive for something not so great! i love that eye too! so pretty =]

. said...

Woah! So pretty!

By the way, I'm not entirely clear, what is a 'swap'? I mean obviously you send the other person something and they send one back, but do you specify what you want? O___O Excuse my ignorance.

Unknown said...

The looks are really beautiful! I love how you can get so many different looks out of 1 palette. I tried MB samples before, it took a long time for them to arrive.

AskMeWhats said...

thanks for the in depth review on M ario Badescu, we have them sold here on stores. And it'll be great to hear and read feedbacks about it!

Nice eye makeup looks you've done :)

Jo said...

i like your looks ahleesa :)

and a pretty thorough review on the products. interesting!

Lily said...

thanks for the review! it's nice that mario badescu gives out samples.

Lulu said...

thanks for the review, I too still have some their samples sitting there waiting to be tried out, I never got around to them because I guess they simply didn't attract me as much, I keep telling myself that I'll try them once I finish my own products, like my toner and eye cream and stuff, but that never happened! haha.
I really like your look w/ majorlica, really pretty ;)

Bijin Blair said...

Gorgeous looks! *dreamy sigh* I can never get my e/l to look so perfect! What brush do you use?

Thanks for the translations! They are very helpful!

Gosh, I didn't know you are allergic to products with SPF! I'll be on the lookout for good primers w/o SPF

kawaiikao said...

great looks!! lol i still have my stuff from mario too...it's okay i guess...but kinda pricey :p

Melissa Joy said...

What a cute palette, I love neutrals!

gio said...

I love the looks, they're all very pretty!

Thanks for the reviews.

Naomi said...

ohhhh majolica eyeshadow looks sooo pretty. I love look #1 :) I was born in Seoul raised in Japan now back to Seoul for good lol Hehe

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

thanks for the review.... seems like some of the products are hit or miss!!

the palettes look great on you. love how you applied the colours!

fuzkittie said...

Very pretty looks, esp the third one!! :]

Anonymous said...

lol
i didn't want to post both today, so I can get more viewings on the whole stupid rogers deal.
but i scheduled my post for this afternoon and it went up :)
though I didn't tag anyone...
so it dies with me. lol

Kasumi said...

Oh I love the way you do your makeup and eyelinerrrr!! It looks so pretty.
The only thing I like from MB is the silver powder lol. everything else I thought was mediocre, even though the strawberry scrub smells divine.

. said...

Ahh! Thanks for explaining =D I actually had no idea before. =_=

Mona said...

i like the majo look! that's a nice palette

Sandy said...

majolica majorca palettes are neat :) i love the packaging. so cute!

i, myself love 2pm too. that chinese thai guy & the rain look-a-like r my favs. hahaha :P i loveeee that again & again song so very much.

my bf lives in new zealand, 3 hrs flight from sydney :P funnily i met him through some penpal site. LOL. thats so gay i know. he liked me so much more after knowing i was interested in korean culture hahaha :P

Bijin Blair said...

ALY! Are you OK? I just watched the show!!!

I'm so happy that Adam is in the finalee!

Jen said...

Thanks for posting looks! I have that Majolica Majorca palette too and I love it! I want more!

I just started reading your blog a few weeks ago but it's one of my favorites!

Neeyuh said...

Thanks for the reviews on the mario stuff I didn't have much luck with the products I got I guess my skin just didn't agree with them lol. Pretty looks you did the MM palette!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...