Friday, March 24, 2017

Mirabella Brilliant Mineral Highlighter in Swirling Pearl, Faerie Holiday Collection 2014

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I attended Beauty Press Spotlight Day Event 2014 in Los Angeles in October of that year. Wow, time sure flies. It feels like it was just yesterday. I wish they would come back to LA!

I took this picture from my Instagram. Here are the products I received either through the brands or from my goody bag. I already reviewed Mirabella Travel Brush Set (bottom middle), Mirabella Myth Visionary Long Wearing Eyeshadow (middle left), Cailyn Touch of Sunset Mineral Eyeshadow Powder (middle left), Cailyn Pure Lust Extreme Matte Tint in Narcissist (top left), Stemology Cell Revive Eye Serum Complete (bottom left), and Clique by Roble Shower Gelee (top middle). I also got Healthilocks Treatment at Salon Benjamin thanks to Healthilocks.
I received three products from Mirabella Faerie Holiday Collection 2014. I already reviewed Mirabella Travel Brush Set (left) and  Mirabella Myth Visionary Long Wearing Eyeshadow (bottom right). For this post, I will review the last product on top right.
Product Review: Mirabella Brilliant Mineral Highlighter in Swirling Pearl

Where to purchase: salons that sell Mirabella Beauty and online at mirabellabeauty.com
Price: $42 for 7.5 g/ 0.26 oz

Made in Italy

Description from the package: Mineral-based highlighter with prismatech shimmer revitalizes skin with subtle sheen. Luxurious pearls and soft texture provides an ethereal glow with a polished finish.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I've been using this for months and I think it's about time I review it especially since highlighting is the biggest trend.
Here's a closer look inside.
Here's a closer look at the highlighter. It honestly is prettier in person.
Here's a swatch of the highlighter on my hand.
Here's how the highlighter looks on my cheeks. I have KIKO Color Fever Eyeshadow Palette in Unexpected Rosy Taupe on the eyes, Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush in Satisfy on the cheeks, and L'Oreal La Palette Lip in Nude on the lips.
Here's the same look at a different angle. You can see the highlighter on the tip of the nose.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the packaging is nice. It's sturdy and well-made. I love that it's see through that you can actually see the highlighter which is gorgeous in itself. Now that I've been using this for several months, I kind of find it bulky. Honestly, I wouldn't have thought that if it wasn't see through. Since it's see through, you can see so much space between the highlighter and the top of the packaging. For people who travel a lot, they might think that or at least I think so. Since I hardly travel, I don't mind. With that said, it's very travel-friendly in the sense I doubt it'll open or break. It has a sturdy closure. It makes a clicking noise when you close the top. The top is also very strong and sturdy. I doubt it'll break even if you put something heavy on top of it. Secondly, the consistency is buttery soft. It feels so good in-between the fingers. It feels creamy even though it's not. It's easy to pick up with both your finger and brush. You can apply it however you like. I use my fan brush that I got from Sephora and apply it on the high points of the cheeks, bridge of the nose, and the tip. It glides on the skin and does not tug the skin. It really is easy to apply. It doesn't take that much effort. With that said, it leaves a nice shiny glow on the areas you applied. It's not glittery, metallic, and so on. It just leaves a nice dewy glow. I love it! Third, the color is gorgeous. It's something you can wear all year round. From the pictures above, it looks like a shiny silvery-pink highlighter. Unfortunately the silvery-pink is a spray on top of the real colored highlighter. If you look at the corners in the pictures, it looks goldish-opal. That's actually the real highlighter color. Even though the goldish-opal and silvery-pink are different, they look the same on the skin. It's shiny pearl with slight goldish tint on the skin. With that said, it's pretty pigmented. Most highlighters I notice on the tip of my nose but I cannot seem to notice on the cheeks no many how much I apply. I don't have to worry with this highlighter. It easily noticeable and I don't have to layer on the highlight. Lastly, it lasts all day on me. It doesn't smudge or come off on me. There's a good chance it's because I have dry skin. Most product lasts all day on me.

Pros:
* Sturdy and well-made packaging.
* See through packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Sturdy closure.
* Buttery soft consistency.
* Easy to use with both finger and brush.
* Glides on.
* Does not tug on the skin.
* Leaves a nice dewy glow.
* Gorgeous highlighter!
* Can wear all year round.
* Gorgeous shiny pearl with slight goldish tint.
* Pigmented.
* Don't need to layer to see the highlighter.
* Last all day on me.
* Doesn't smudge or come off.

Cons:
* Kind of bulky.
* Silvery-pink is a spray on top of the true highlighter color.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Mirabella's products reviewed/swatch:
Faerie Holiday Collection 2014

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...