Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick Comfort Matte in 1993

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

September 2016 was the first time I ever saw Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip. I reviewed one of the lip products in that kit, Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Stepping Out. While writing the post, I learned it comes out twice a year so when Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Nude Lip came out in January 2017, I knew I had to purchase it. I actually purchased it last month, February 2017.

It comes in a lip shaped box with six lip products. Two of the lip products are full-size and the other four are sample sizes. It's a great deal for $28.
Here's how it looks inside.
Here are the lip products. I know Urban Decay is a full-size product but I'm not too sure which is the other full-size. I'm guessing the lip liner from Estee Lauder but I could be wrong. I already reviewed Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Honeycomb (middle). For this post, I will review the lipstick on the top.
Product Review: Urban Decay Vice Lipstick Comfort Matte in 1993

Where to purchase: Sephora, ULTA, and online at urbandecay.com
Price: $17 for 0.11 oz/ 3.4 g

Description from the website: Prepare to get hooked. Vice Lipstick comes in a massive lineup of 100 addictive shades and six indulgent finishes-our biggest lineup yet!

Our shade range has it all: Bold brights. Dark, sexy shades. Super-versatile neutrals. With so much variety it'll make your head spin, there's something for everyone-from new shades to cult favorites you thought you'd never see again. Several shades were inspired by some of our other lip products (and even our Eyeshadows and Eye Pencils!).

Our huge assortment also includes more finishes than ever before:

MEGA MATTE: super-intense matte
COMFORT MATTE; our creamiest matte
CREAM: the original creamy, badass luxury
METALLIZED: cream with a high level of pearl
SHEER: a punch of color with a sheer, shiny finish
SHEER SHIMMER: slightly transparent finish with floating pearl and a smooth texture

The pigmented load of Vice Lipstick is insane! Just one swipe provides an unbelievable laydown of color. And every shade applies smoothly (without dragging or skipping), hugs lips, and feels amazing! Our proprietary Pigment Infusion System gives the formula its super-creamy texture, rich payout and superior color dispersion.

This creamy formula is loaded with nourishing ingredients. A yummy butter blend comforts, hydrates and enhances, leaving lips soft and conditioned, never dry. Aloe vera, jojoba, avocado and babassu oils nourish and soften lips. Illipe butter (derived from Malaysian illipe trees) provides long-lasting moisture. And Vitamin C and vitamin E provide a hit of antioxidants.

Vice Lipstick comes in a modernized, luxed-up version of our original lipstick case that looked like a shotgun shell. It's new, but speaks to our roots. The faceted gunmetal case has a gold base and debossed lettering, and our custom-designed lipstick features an embossed "UD." We even added a shade-matched label (including the shade name and finish) to make it easy to find the right color within the depths of your bag.
Ingredients:
Octyldodecanol, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Kaolin, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Butyrospermum Parkii Oil / Shea Oil, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax, Cetyl Lactate, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Cera Microcristallina/Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Dimethicone/Bis_Isobutyl Ppg_20 Crosspolymer, Water, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra_Di_T_Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine Soja Oil / Soybean Oil, Squalane, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter / Cocoa Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima Oil / Avocado Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Citric Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Polylactic Acid, Tin Oxide. [+/_ (May Contain): Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Ci 15850 / Red 7 Lake, Ci 77120 / Barium Sulfate].
Thoughts: I knew I was getting an Urban Decay lipstick, but I wasn't too sure which color until I opened the kit. I was excited to know it's 1993 in the matte texture. I've been wanting to get this color since the matte collection came out from Urban Decay but unfortunately, my ULTA was always sold out.
Here's a closer look at the lipstick. It has Urban Decay logo written on the lipstick.
Here's a swatch of the lipstick on my hand. On the Sephora website, it's described as "medium brown." I definitely agree.
Here's how it looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Victoria's Secret and Mustaev eyeshadows on the lid.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's a slight scent. It smells artificial kind of waxy. Secondly, the packaging is cute. It comes in a metallic, sturdy packaging. There's no scratches and finger marks. It has a slightly sturdy closure. I think with time it can loosen depending how you store the lipstick. If the package bends a little, it won't close anymore. With that said, I doubt the packaging will bend unless you are extremely rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is creamy and just glides on the lips. It does not tug on the lips. Some lipsticks it's hard to outline the lips but I didn't have an issue with this lipstick. The slanted tip was perfect around the outline of the lips. With that said, it went on smoothly with a slight shiny matte texture. This lipstick is great on fine and thick lines. It won't show or at least it didn't show any lines on my lips. Fourth, the color is gorgeous. It's definitely on the brown side. If you don't like warm colors, this might not be for you. I love my browns. With that said, it's not an all year color. It'll be great for fall/winter season. It's also very pigmented. You don't need to build color. One layer is good enough. Lastly, it lasted a good time. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth after I eat. The color didn't come off that easily as other lipsticks after I wipe my mouth. I was pretty impressed. Of course, it didn't last all day but the longevity was decent. With that said, it's not drying. It's extremely comfortable and I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Metallic, sturdy packaging.
* Slightly sturdy closure.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy consistency.
* Glides on the lips.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Slanted tip outlines the outside perfectly.
* Slightly shiny matte texture.
* Does not show fine and thick lines.
* Gorgeous, brown shade.
* Great for fall/winter season.
* Pigmented.
* Not drying; no residue in the center of the lips.
* Comfortable.
* Longevity was impressive; did not come off after I wiped my mouth.

Cons:
* Can look muddy depending on your makeup.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Urban Decay products reviewed/swatch:
Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush
Satisfy
Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter
Sin
Naked Palettes
Nail Polish

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...