Monday, April 4, 2016

Manicure Monday: Lancome in Rose Haussmann

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When I went to Vanity Fair for Oscar 2016 end of February, I received some products from their Social Shop.

I already reviewed Viktor & Rolf Perfume in Bonbon in the dark pink box on the top left. I was lucky enough to get all three colors of the Lancome nail polishes.
For this post, I will review the pink nail polish in the far left.
Product Review: Lancome Vernis In Love in #146 Rose Haussman

Where to purchase: ULTA, department stores, and online at lancome-usa.com
Price: $15.50 for 6 mL/ 0.21 fl oz

Made in France

Description from the website: Summer Bliss is our first Summer Makeup Collection designed by L. Eldridge, Lancome's Global Makeup Creative Director, Lisa Eldridge was inspired by the mysterious, fresh, and colorful jungle landscapes. Her collection is an invitation to discover this fantasy world. Filled with vivid colors imitating the Amazon jungle, balanced with touches of neutrals, and inspired by animal skin and woody colors.

Inspired by the new trendy Rouge In Love lip collection, Vernis in Love is a high potency nail lacquer perfectly themed to compliment every woman's mood and style. With ultimate brilliance, intense color, and a mistake-free application, your nails will love the lasting shine and pop of color that stays put for days.
Ingredients:
BUTYL ACETATE, ETHYL ACETATE, NITROCELLULOSE, ACETYL TRIBUTYL CITRATE, TOSYLAMIDE/EPOXY RESIN, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, STEARALKONIUM BENTONITE, ROSA RUBIGINOSA SEED OIL, CORALLINA OFFICINALIS EXTRACT, DIACETONE ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, TRIMETHYLPENTANEDIYL DIBENZOATE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, OCTOCRYLENE, ADIPIC ACID/NEOPENTYL GLYCOL/TRIMELLITIC ANHYDRIDE COPOLYMER, STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER
Thoughts: I have never tried Lancome polishes and for that reason, I was stoke!
Here's a closer look and it's true to color!
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite brush OPI, it's equally same in width and length. The only difference is that OPI is flat at the end, whereas, Lancome is rounded.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Seche Crystal Clear Base Coat, 2 coats of Lancome in Rose Haussmann, and then topped it off with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the packaging is small and thin. It makes it easy to hold onto or at least for my chubby hand. With that said, I'm a huge fan of the wide brush. It's extremely easy to paint around the cuticles, and quick on each nails. I can paint each nails with three strokes and then I move onto the next. For that reason, that's why I love wide brushes. It's good for unskilled painters like myself. Secondly, the consistency is on the medium. It's not thin that it's runny. It's not thick that I have to paint quick before it gets clumpy. It's a good consistency and I can take my time. With that said, it goes on smoothly and there's no streaking and bubbles. Third, it's a gorgeous spring/summer color. It'll look great on all skin types. To be honest, the color reminds me of Ciate in Candy Floss. With that said, the color isn't original. You can find it in other brands. Lastly, I was pretty impressed with the polish. There was no shrinking whatsoever even after a week. It took 5 days before it started chipping. It mostly was on the ends of the tips and barely noticeable. I noticed most of the chipping happened after a week!

Pros:
* Small and thin packaging.; easy to hold onto.
* Wide brush; easy to paint around the cuticles.
* Medium consistency.
* Can take my time painting the nails before it dries.
* Goes on smoothly.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Gorgeous spring/summer color!
* No shrinking whatsoever!
* Started chipping on the 5th day but hardly noticeable.

Cons:
* Color is not unique.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Lancome products reviewed/swatch:
Advanced Genifique
Baume In Love Sheer Tinted Lipbalm Moisture & Comfort
DreamTone
Hypnose Star Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...