Sunday, November 18, 2012

Billion Dollar Brows Universal Brow Pencil

Billion Dollar Brows is a name of salon located in Beverly Hills, California. The salon does eyebrows from waxing to brow lift. Not only do they do one-on-one services, they have their own line of eyebrow products.

"Eyebrows are one of the most important features of our faces - and yet they are often the most neglected.

We created Billion Dollar Brows to stop this neglect and help customers all over the globe obtain the beautify brows they deserve, at a sensible, price."

I took this from their website and they said it better than I could! I was fortunate to receive some products from Billion Dollar Brows (BDB). For this post, I will review BDB Universal Brow Pencil.

Where to purchase: billiondollarbows.com
Price: $14.95 for 0.009 oz/ 0.27 g

Made in USA

Description from the back: No more guessing games! This specially formulated pencil works with all hair colors & skin tones. One color fits all! Apply the pencil using light strokes until you've reached the desired shade. Apply more for darker hair color and skin tones. Apply less and blend more for lighter hair color and skin tones. Water resistant.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I actually was pretty excited about the products before receiving them. The PR recommended the products. Not only that, but I could sense her excitement about the products. It made me more excited to receive and play around with them!

I decided to try this product out first. When I first started wearing makeup in college (yes, I started late), one of the first products I used were eyebrow pencils. Believe it or not it really does make a difference in someone's face. Us Asians or I should say specifically Koreans hardly have any eyebrow hairs. If they have a nice one, they are really lucky and blessed with great genes. Unfortunately, I was not blessed in this area. For that reason, I have to darken my eyebrows. The reason why I decided to try the pencil first reminded me of college. Once I was introduced to powder kits, I never went back to pencils and I'm not too sure why.
This is one end of the pencil. I love that you do not have to sharpen the pencil! I remember back in the old days I had to sharpen my eyebrow pencils. Whenever I sharpen the pencil, I could see some part of the product coming off. I thought it was such a waste. I do not have to worry about that with this product.

I also like that the pencil is soft. It's not harsh to the skin, and it applies easily. You do not need a steady hand or use it with all your strength. Even if you're not a professional when it comes to filling your eyebrows, it's easy to erase the marks if it goes out of your eyebrows. This is great for beginners, as well as, people who have been filling in their eyebrows for years.
This is the other end of the pencil. I was pretty impressed with the brush! It's very well-made and sturdy. In all honesty, I have to say this is the best brush I have seen on an eyebrow pencil!
Here's a swatch of the eyebrow pencil. This pencil only comes in this color. It's the universal color for all hairs. At first, I didn't believe it but now I do. It all depends on how you apply the pencil. If you go lightly, it will fit pale skin/blonde. If you do darker, it will fit dark skin/dark hair and everyone in-between.

Here's a look of my eyebrows before.
If you can tell, I hardly have hairs at the end of my eyebrows.

Now for my after picture...
For this day, I colored in lightly. Please excuse the flash it kind of washed out the look.
I took a picture of another day where I darken my eyebrows more.

Overall, this is a great pencil! You can color in your eyebrows from light to dark depending on what you would like. Not only that, but it lasts all day on me. The best part is that it's water resistant meaning you can sweat and it does not come off. I wore this on a hot day and it still lasted all day.

Pros:
* Universal color; do not have to choose colors.
* Mechanical pencil; do not need to sharpen.
* Well-made sturdy brush.
* Soft.
* Easy to apply.
* Good for all levels of experience; beginners to professional.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Cannot test out before buying.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

L e n a said...

i really like the color of the pencil. i hate eyebrow pencil with red undertone. this one looks so natural. :)
i've been using an ebony drawing pencil for my eyebrows all my life but it is time for me to try something else. thanks for the introduction! :)

Ahleessa said...

You're welcome! You should definitely try this out. I love it a lot... hehe~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...