Sorry for the lack of updates these past days! I've been busy going to the hospital and back. I didn't think I'll be that tired but once I get home, I'm knocked out... lol~ For the people who are curious why I'm going to the hospital it's because of good news not bad. My first and probably only nephew decided to come visit earlier than expected (not bad about two weeks early)... hehe~ He looks like my brother... lol~ :X
Anyways, I wanted to review two products I've been using. During this tough winter/spring weather, my face skin has been extremely dry! Nothing was working for me (not even Clinique Moisture Surge), until these two products. Now you know what I think of them... hehe~ ;)
Product Review: NIVEA Soft Moisturizing Creme
Where can you purchase this: drugstores
Price: $4-7, I can't remember how much I paid for mine
Made in Mexico
Description on the back: Enjoy the soft, refreshing sensation of NIVEA Soft. As the tips of your fingers scoop out the surprisingly light, whipped texture, you will feel an incredibly soft sensation. Enriched with Vitamin E and Jojoba oil, it smoothes on easily and is quickly absorbed for reshingly soft and supple skin all day long.
My thoughts: Anything that helps my dry skin during this horrible weather, I'm happy with... lol~ I think as I age each year during the winter/spring weather, it gets drier or maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. :X I've been using samples and non-stop different products, and nothing was working for me. Thank goodness for this one!!! :)
It's also very creamy and cooling to the skin. I love that feeling... hehe~
* Moisturizes your skin even dry ones.
* Contains Jojoba oil and Vitamin E.
* Creamy texture.
* Cooling sensation.
* Smells fine.
* Have to scoop it out with your hand.
Would I buy this again? Yes, yes, and yes! :)
Rating: 4.5/5 Tobey's Paws
I also was given a chance to try this product since a sales lady gave me samples.
Product Review: Laneige Water Bank Essence_EX
Where can you purchase this: Korean beauty stores that sells Laneige products
Price: in the $30's depending on the store
Made in Korea
Description on the back: Nano liposome supplying essence that offers consistent water deeply into dry skin.
How to use: Well, the sales lady told me to use it after I moisturize my face. I've been doing it ever night after I clean my face and mositurize. You just need 3-4 drops of it.
My thoughts: It's really refreshing especially waking up in the morning with smooth, moisturized face!... wheee~ :)
This is the sample I got.
* It's really refreshing and cooling to the skin.
* It isn't harsh on the skin.
* Moisturizes the skin.
* A little goes a long way.
* Purchase online.
* Hard to find depending on where you live.
* Purchase online.
Would I buy this again? Yes! :)
Rating: 4.5/5 Tobey's Paws
To be honest, I wasn't going to post this because I'm not the type who goes around saying "it's my birthday or my birthday is coming up." I'm the type who believes if other people want to celebrate your birthday, they will remember... lol~ Maybe that's why a lot of my friends don't remember my birthday... lol~ :X
Anyways, the reason why I'm posting this is because I had to ask questions because I didn't know how this work (first time getting this from Sephora). I want to tell the people whose in the same shoes as I how this work.
* I was told by beauty bloggers you get an e-mail the first of the month of your birthday. That wasn't true for my case. I got it around 4th or 5th, can't remember the exact date.
* Of course, you need to be a member of the Beauty Insider. It's free at Sephora so go sign up... hehe~
* You cannot get this at the Sephora inside JCPenny. It only works at the Sephora stores and you don't need to purchase anything.
* You can get this online, but you need to purchase something.
* It's only valid 14 days around your birthday.
* You don't need to print out anything. You just give them your Beauty Insider card and they will give you their gift for your birthday.
* The lipgloss set is only for this year I believe, 2009. I believe they change every year but I could be wrong on that.
I hope that helps for people who doesn't know how this work like me... hehe~ ;)
While at the mall, I decided to check out Forever 21. I'm telling you it's the biggest mistake because I bought another headband. I swear I need to be banned from buying headbands!!! :X
I know I know and PLEASE don't remind me I have too many headbands. I know that already!... lol~ :P
credit: Walgreens, YesStyle