Wednesday, January 28, 2015

KISS InstaWave Automatic Curler

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with KISS InstaWave. They came out with the coolest hair curler end of last year! I'm so stoked about reviewing this product.

Product Review: Kiss InstaWave Automatic Curler (ULTA link)

Where to purchase: ULTA and Target
Price: $59.99

Made in China

Description on the package: "NO NEED TO BE A PRO!" Create Beautiful, Lasting Curls Instantly With Ease

Simply place a section of hair on InstaWave and leave the rest of the curling to us. With the touch of a button, the Curl Dial instantly and automatically catches and curls hair, transforming your straight locks into tangle-free, gorgeous curls in seconds.

Good for use on all hair lengths and types.

Diamond-Ceramic Technology
Infusion of diamond and ceramic particles enhanced durability while maintaining ionic effects for healthy, shiny styling results

Ceramic Ionic Technology
Gentle far infrared heat and negative ions reduce frizz and damage

420 °F Max Temperature
Professional grade temperature locks in curls

Auto Shutoff
Automatically shuts off after 90 minutes

Tangle-Free*
Specially designed Curl Dial prevents from tangling of hair
Thoughts: When I first heard about this, I was excited. Who doesn't want an easier method of curling your hair?!?!
This was what was inside the box. It came with an owner's manual and the hair curler. I love that the curler is one piece. There are times you get so many pieces for one tool. I love the simplicity of this curler.
Here's a closer look at the barrel. You cannot tell from this picture but the barrel is a shiny, sparkling, metallic black. It stands out versus the rest of the black.
Here are the main switches. The big round button is the direction you want the barrel to rotate to, left or right. The switch below, above the word "Kiss", is the power switch. You can curl your hair on low or high.
As soon as you plug the cord, the light indicator will be red. Once it's ready, it becomes blue. How easy is that! By the way, the light indicator is right above the rotating button.
I took a picture of myself curling my hair. This is a better picture where you can see the shiny, sparkling, metallic barrel. I actually find it easy to curl my hair with the barrel straight up or 45 degree angle. I highly do not recommend moving the barrel horizontal. Depending on where you want to rotate, right or left, I either put the curler in front or back of my hair. Then I push the rotating button. If you look carefully at the picture, you will see one big thong. I highly recommend stopping the big thong at the ends of the hair. It holds the hair while you heat up the hair for several seconds. Then I pull the barrel down. It's as simple as that.

Now for pictures of my hair...
Before:
Here's how my hair looks. It's super duper straight and I did not straighten it.
Here's the end of my hair and yes, my ends are lighter than my roots.

After:
Here's how my hair looks after I curled it.
Here's the end of my hair. I curled using low heat taking turns right and left.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I've only used low heat so I cannot say if the high heat is really hot. The low heat is doable and you do not need a glove to curl your hair. Also, it isn't damaging to the hair. I'm very sensitive with that subject since my hair is damaged from bleaching/dying especially the ends. Secondly, I love that it comes with a swivel cord. I hate using tools and the cord gets tangle. That's one reason why I avoid drying my hair or even curling. I didn't have a problem with this curler! I also like that the curler heated up quickly. It heats up within seconds to a minute. While you're heating the tool, you can comb or even section your hair. By the time you're ready to curl your hair, the tool is ready. Third, I did struggle in the beginning. I kept turning the barrel way to horizontal and it didn't do much. I decided to keep it straight and it was much easier. It really is automatic. I just put the barrel either in the front or back depending where I want to rotate the curler. Then I push the rotating button. That was it!  Lastly, the curl lasted all day on me. Of course, I used a heat protection before I curled my hair and hairspray after.

Pros:
* Simple tool.
* Automatic.
* Comes in 2 temperature; low and high.
* Heats up quickly; within seconds.
* Swivel cord.
* Can get variety of curls; beachy to tight curl.
* Long lasting curls.

Cons:
* Practice makes perfect.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

Bijin Blair said...

M'lady, you look awesome in curls! And maaan, what would I give for such pretty straight hair...

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! Don't you have straight hair?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...