Monday, March 7, 2011

Lancome Advanced Genifique Concentrate Youth Activating

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Some time last year Lancome gave away 7 days supply of Genifique. I waited until I finished the recent serum, Cellnique Derma Brightening Complex, to use this. Now that I'm almost done with this product...

Product Review: Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate

Where can you purchase this: Lancome counters, Lancome, and other online beauty stores
Price: $78 for 1 fl oz. (I got a sample pack.)

Direction from the booklet: For every woman, with every skin type and tone, Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate is a new beginning. At the very origin of your skin's youth: your genes. Genes produce specific proteins. With age, their presence diminishes. Now, boost genes' activity and stimulate the production of youth proteins. Breathtakingly radiant - as if lit from within. Refined - soft and velvety to the touch. Discover visibly younger skin in 7 days.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
My thoughts: When I knew they were giving this out, I had to grab one. I heard so much good things about this product that I had to try it.
When you open the booklet, this is how it looks inside. They gave you 7 small, sample packs for both am and pm. They actually gave you a generous amount of serum for each sample pack. One sample pack would last me 2-3 days depending on how much I squeeze out of the pack. Sometimes I squeeze out way too much and it becomes a waste *sigh*. :X

I've been trying this for two weeks now, and I had mixed feelings. The first week was a nightmare. I already have dry skin especially with this winter weather. It was worst than ever! No matter how much I moisturize, my skin wouldn't moisten up. It was so bad that my BB Cream would cake on me. BB Creams are on the cream/liquid side so it shouldn't cake on someone unless their skin is really dry. I have never had this experience before. It was pretty embarrassing showing my face around! :X So I stopped using this for a week, and I still had this problem. I ended up finding my toner was causing this, L'occitane Almond Apple Toning Cider (was one of my January favorites), which I stopped using.

I continued again this week and I actually enjoyed it much better, but not that great. It absorbs fast onto the skin. When it comes to youthful look, I haven't noticed anything. :X Either my face is youthful or it doesn't work on me. I would like to think it's the second, because I don't feel young. :P I also still noticed caking on my face when I use BB Creams, but not as bad as the first week. That was a nightmare! Either my skin hasn't healed from the toner or this has a slight dryness effect. I noticed one of the ingredients is alcohol. Why would they have alcohol and it's the fourth ingredient!!! :/ This is definitely not good for dry skin people.

Pros:
* Lancome; they tend to make good products.
* The packaging is so sleek and classic looking.
* They have a dropper which is sanitary safe.
* Absorbs fast onto the skin.

Cons:
* Pricey.
* Alcohol is their 4th ingredient.
* Not good for dry skin people.
* Don't notice an appearance of youth.


Would I repurchase: No, because I'm on the dry side.
Rating:  2.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Lancome products reviewed/swatch:

One of the eyeshadow palettes I've been using a lot this month (okay, only a week) is Integrate. I was fortunate to receive this from Luna.
This is in #BR730. When we talked about sort of a swap, I mentioned I wanted an Integrate palette. I heard so much about Integrate that I always wished I would own one. Thanks to Luna I do!!! :) I also mentioned what color I wanted. When I received this, I was shocked how light the colors were compared to what I saw online. :X
Here's a swatch of the eyeshadows from left to right. I was pretty impressed with the dark brown, second from left, from the palette after swatching it. It's really pigmented.

After playing around with the eyeshadows, I'm in love with this!!! :) I've been using it everyday this week. Here's my look.
My eyes open.
I used the farthest right color on the lid, dark brown on the outer v and crease, the farthest left color on the inner lid, and the third color from the left on the middle of the lid. I'm so grateful for an opportunity to own my first Integrate palette and I love it!

Thank you Luna!!! :)

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

oo thats a shame about the serum causing bb creams to cake!

Sharon @ Fun and Life said...

First of all, you have gorgeous eyes! Loving the eye make up. I have quite dry skin too so I don't think I'd want to be buying that Lancome product. I'm just the same, winter is a horrible time because it's so dry that my skin itself actually FEELS like it's dry if you know what I mean.

Anna Elizabeth said...

I love that eye look!

I went through a sample of Genefique too and I was totally unimpressed...

embellishmentsbeauty.blogspot.com

Gaby Fauchon said...

I have tried a sample of Genifique some times ago and - OK, yes, it was only a sample, but still - I didn't really get all the hype was about x=

The eyeshadow palette looks gorgeous!

Celina (Fables in Fashion) said...

Been wanting to try Lancome's Genifique range for ages now, but the price has always been a big deterrent for me! I think I will try and see if I can get some samples now, would break up heart to spend so much on a product that didn't work.

Unknown said...

I love your eye look! It's so pretty. I'm so sad that Genifique doesn't work for you. It's very silicone-y and I've seen a YouTube guru used it as her face primer. But dry to the point of cakey? No!

Shop N' Chomp said...

The palette's so pretty and so is your EOTD! :) Sorry to hear the serum didn't work out. Wow, can't believe that alcohol is the fourth ingredient. @_@

(Haha...thanks for the heads up. Now I don't feel so bad not having seen them yet)

Shop N' Chomp said...

Hehe...I have heard of the serum. I just didn't know that alcohol was the fourth ingredient! =\

It's the title of the tag.

inge luciana said...

great review. wow the price is very high. love the eyeshadow :)

Jenni said...

sounds like a great palette!!

ryc: i remembered you asked me about serums in the previous comment, i've been so lazy to use a serum before moisturizer these days, not to mention sometimes i use a sheet mask and forget about everything afterwards XD

sorry to hear the lancome serum didn't work that well :( I was wanting to try it too!

for MBD masks, i love Natto, Q10, Red Vine the best <3

M said...

thanks for the review! I wasnt so into this one myself and thought it was just me.

that's a lovely and wearable palette :) loving your EOTD

amynaree said...

Integrate palettes are my favorites! I like them more than Majolica Majorca

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on the skin cream. Your eye makeup looks fab!! Very pretty.

Ahleessa said...

M: I'm so glad to know I'm not the only ones who doesn't like Lancome Genifique. :)

Fruity Lashes said...

i think i have a sample of these somewhere. so it's not good for try skin hmm the integrate palette is lovely ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...