Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Lip Smacker Tsum Tsum in Minnie Strawberry Lollipop

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When it comes to packaging, I always fall for them. So when I saw the Lip Smacker Tsum Tsum Disney lip balms, I knew I had to get one.

Product Review: Lip Smacker Tsum Tsum in Minnie Strawberry Lollipop

Where to purchase: Walgreens, Target, and online at lipsmacker.com
Price: $4.95 for 0.26 oz 7.4 g

Made in USA

Description from the packaging: Bring the game to life with these stackable, collectible lip balm pots in yummy special edition flavors. Conditioning formulas smooth and moisturize lips, leaving a delicious translucent shine. Collect them all!
Ingredients:
RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, CETYL ACETATE, BEESWAX/CIRE D'ABEILLE, EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA, FLAVOR/AROMA, POLYBUTENE, PARAFFIN, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA, HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINÉRALE, ACETYLATED LANOLIN ALCOHOL, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL, STEARIC ACID, STEVIA REBAUDIANA LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PROPYL GALLATE, SUCRALOSE, CITRIC ACID, PHENOXYETHANOL, TOCOPHEROL. MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), RED 6 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140).
Thoughts: It really is hard not to fall for packaging especially this cute. Unfortunately, I fall all the time. I just couldn't resist with the cuteness of Minnie Mouse and Tsum Tsum.
Here's the front of the lip balm. How cute is Minnie Mouse!?!?
Here's the side of the lip balm.
Here's the top of the lip balm.
Here's where the lip balm is at the bottom.
Here's a closer look at the lip balm.
Here's a swatch of the lip balm on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a light scent but I'm so used to it that I hardly notice it anymore. I just sniffed the product and it smells like artificial strawberry. Artificial, in the sense, it smells like fake strawberry but not in the waxy way. Secondly, I love the packaging! I'm a huge fan of Disney Tsum Tsum. To be honest, I want one for my bed. One day I will purchase it but I don't know when. With that said, it's sturdy and well-made. The details on the Minnie Mouse is perfect in every way; the bow, eyes, cheeks, behind, and so on. I wouldn't say it's the most travel-friendly. It's bulky, heavy, and the lip balm itself will easily open up. The heaviness and bulkiness makes it hard to throw it in your pocket. You also definitely need to be careful how you package the lip balm. The lip balm itself turns easily and will fall off. Thankfully, I just use it at home. For that reason, it's okay for me. Just in case and I doubt it when I first got the lip balm, it took me some time to open. I couldn't figure it out. If you're not too sure, you can read the direction. It would have saved me so much time. The lip balm is at the bottom. For some reason, I tried opening the Minnie Mouse thinking it's in there. Third, the consistency is medium. It applies a nice, smooth, soft layer on top of the lip. It's not one of those products that sink into the lips. With that said, it's not sticky and heavy. It's extremely comfortable and light-weight on the lips. Also, it doesn't have any color on the lips. It's clear and leaves a slight shiny texture. Lastly and to be honest, I bought it for the cuteness. I wasn't expecting much. I'm pretty impressed. It really softened my dry patches and hydrated my lips. It's a lot better than a lot of products out in the market.

Pros:
* Light scent.
* Adorable!
* Cute!
* Sturdy and well-made.
* Very detailed on the Minnie Mouse.
* Medium consistency.
* Smooth, soft layer on top of the lips.
* Not sticky.
* Not heavy on the lips.
* Comfortable and light-weight on the lips.
* No color.
* Slight shiny texture.
* Hydrating.
* Improves dry patches.

Cons:
* Smells like artificial strawberry.
* Not travel-friendly; lip balm will open up easily.
* Bulky and heavy.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...