Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given/bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In my September 2012 GlossyBox, I received a Missha BB Cream.
Yes, I know it's really late but I always say it's better late than never.

Where to purchase: online at misshaus.com
Price: $22 for 50 mL

Made in Korea

Description from the website: Originally developed as a salve for patients after laser treatment, BB Cream's soothing and regenerative properties were adapted for cosmetics to improve skin while providing coverage. The M Perfect Cover BB Cream is Missha's most popular product with over 30 million sold worldwide. Combing cosmetics with skin care, this product promotes natural-looking coverage while providing sun protection, treating dark spots, and preventing wrinkles.

The M Perfect Cover BB Cream is suitable for all skin types and can be used as a makeup base or foundation.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: For the longest time, I've been wanting to try this BB Cream. The only thing that was holding me back from purchasing is that I had way too many BB Creams/foundation to use up (I still do!). For that reason, I tried my best not to purchase any new products. So when I saw this BB Cream in my GlossyBox, I was extremely excited! Unfortunately, the color was way too light for my skin tone. I received No. 13.
Here's the packaging of the BB Cream.
The BB Cream comes in a tube that you can pump the product out. I love that it's sanitary safe.
Since the BB Cream was way too light for my skin tone (I ended up giving it to my sister-in-law) and I saw a great deal on the website, I ended up purchasing a travel-size BB Cream in my shade. They gave me this sample kit as a gift with purchase.
The two sample BB Creams were in shades No. 23, my shade, and No. 31. I ended up giving No. 31 to a co-worker.
Here's a picture of the opening of the sample BB Cream.
Here's a swatch of all three BB Creams from left to right on my hand; No. 13, No. 23, and No. 31.
Here's how the BB Cream looks on me. It's very natural and covers my freckles.
Here's overall with the makeup.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent but it's not noticeable while applying. It's kind of hard to describe the scent but it reminds me of baby powder. I know that's kind of odd but that's the first thing that came to mind. It reminded me back in the days when my nieces were babies and they had a diaper change. Secondly, the BB Cream (No. 23) I use has a grayish tint. Some people might not like the gray tint but I actually think it's perfect for my skin color/tone. Third, the consistency of the product is on the medium. It all depends on the individual. If you just want a tint of color, then apply a thin layer and pat it on your skin. If you want a more thicker coverage, then apply a thicker amount. I also like that it oxides to your skin tone and makes it look more natural. Lastly, it lasts all day on me. Then again I have dry skin and most products lasts a long time on me. If you have oily skin, it might not but I cannot see it coming off that easily.

Pros:
* SPF42; protects your skin from the sun.
* Comes in a variety of colors! Most BB Creams only have 2-3 color choices.
* Comes in a tube; sanitary safe.
* Travel-friendly.
* Hardly any noticeable scent.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to apply.
* Oxides.
* Lasts all day on me.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Korean BB/CC Creams I reviewed/swatched:

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given/bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

6 comments:

monika berdnik said...

I just order this for me and my friend, a few days ago, looks wonderful :)

Kim A. said...

Ahleessa it looks really good on you. It gives your skin a very beautiful finish. I'm impressed. If you don't mind, what's your nationality? So pretty.

Beatriz Garcia said...

I have that same problem... too many bb creams... but I cant find one I like... I have combo skin... so when parts of my face get oily... it sure gets oily... and im having a hard time finding one I am happy with. Makes me sad.

Ahleessa said...

Have you tried Asian brand BB Creams? I think they're a lot better than Americans or at least for me. :X

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! What nationality do you think I am? I like asking this question. It's pretty interesting because very few people get it correct... hehe~

Ahleessa said...

Oh I cannot wait to hear what you have to say about this BB Cream.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...