Thursday, October 15, 2009

L'Oreal Lash Architect Waterproof in Black Noir

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I believe I bought this end of last year but I could be wrong. Yup, I'm finally using it. I still have a gazillion more mascaras to go through.

Product Review: L'oreal Lash Architect Waterproof in #660 Black Noir

Where to purchase: ULTA, drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at lorealparisusa.com
Price:
I can't remember *sigh*!

Made in USA

Description from the package: Create dramatic three-dimensional lashes with Lash Architect Waterproof mascara.
* Patented Waterproof Triple Dimension formula builds dramatic volume, curl and length
* Spiral Brush glides through lashes smoothly, easily
* Formulated with Vitamin B5
* Ophthalmologist and allergy tested
* Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
* Flake-proof and fragrance-free

My thoughts: I have mixed feeling about this mascara. I love how it coats my lashes, as well as, holds my curl. I don't know if it's because it's an old product (I bought last year and didn't open until now), but I noticed there's clump on the wand. There was a clump from the first day of using this mascara. I also noticed my lashes look good as soon as I apply them but after an hour or two, my lashes doesn't seem as thick as when I applied.

Pros:
* Coats each lashes
* Holds curl
* Waterproof
* Blue packaging (my favorite color is blue)

Cons:
* Clumps on the wand
* Hard to apply to lashes because of the clumps
* After some time, the lashes aren't as thick as applied

Would repurchase: No.
Rating: 2.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Here's how the mascara looks on my eyelashes.
Please ignore the awful eyeliner! I will do a review on it soon. I noticed the right (left in the picture) is more curlier than the left.
If you're wondering what colors I have on my eyes, I did a tutorial for it (click here for the post).


Other L'Oreal products reviewed/swatch:
HIP Metallic Shadow Duo


I'm going to post two things I bought last month. I know I'm late, but it's better late than never. For those of you who are wondering about my No Buy deal with makeup related (click here for the post), I have been good... hehe~ :D Now you know these two things I bought aren't makeup.
I have a Japanese Tokyo shop in the mall closest to me. They were having this on sale for $6.99. I just couldn't refuse!
Then I saw this hair pin at Forever 21. I just couldn't refuse since I'm so into ribbons. For the people who know me, knows I'm really into ribbon headbands. I noticed I moved from ribbon headbands to ribbon hair pins. The only problem is I really need a haircut. I noticed because of my long hair I haven't put my hair down. It's always tied up in a bun *sigh*.


I'm going to end this post with something recent I made. I know you guys might think it's early, but I think it's better to start now than later. I started making Christmas gifts for my nieces. I only finished one *sigh*!!!
It's a bunny!
No, it's a bag! It's a bunny bag!!! Isn't it cute!?!?

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Bunny bag, cute! If your mascara is clumpy, you can declump it by putting it in a glass of hot water for a few minutes. Before you do so, make sure you cap it really tight so water will not get in. The hot water does revive mascaras really well.

ⓚ☪ said...

I also bought mine 75% off, a yr ago too and recently opened it too. Used it once and forgot about it. It was just so so. I still go back to japanese mascaras koz they work so well I can just coat it on my eyelashes and not have to worry about decurling or smudges, etc. And I totally feel you on the other hundreds of whatever mascaras that just sit around and you never bother to use. Ive realized most Revlon and L'oreal mascaras are a complete let down so I dont even bother anymore, but that really just applies to most U.S. drugstore brands

Jamilla Camel said...

I'm with you--I hate that mascara too!

I do love the bunny bag though...you are sooooo creative!!

izumi said...

love your buys :) and awww Christmas gifts!! i started looking like.. 4 months ago, hahaha :P

Blovet Beauty said...

Ur lashes look so nicely curled and well seperated... too bad about the curls cause it really gets in the way of applying mascara right sweetie? tat black ribbon is so so pretty!! i love it!!! and mr bunny is so cute!!

Bijin Blair said...

Adorable!!! Bunny bag..

I've never tried any mascaras from L'Oreal but I love mascaras from their sister brand Lancome a lot =D

ndoodles said...

Yikes... I would hate the clumps! But your lashes look really pretty though :D I haven't tried any L'Oreal mascaras yet.

Of course in real life, no one is really gona get that close to your eyes :)

Anonymous said...

omg. your nieces are so freaking lucky to have you make such CUTE gifts for them XD

love it!

hows tobey?

gio said...

The bunny bag is adorable! You are so talented and creative!

Anonymous said...

puhahahaha!!

its funny how 'you' American's always assume about us Canadians XD

Actually it was the Korean Pastor from Cali, and another British friend who always pronounce it differently, thats why I was asking :P

Kalmo said...

Thanks for the awesome review on L'oreal Lash Architect, it's so hard to know what mascaras are good at the drugstore because they're so many! I've tried a lot too but my current fav. is Max Factor 2000 Calorie. Awww the bunnies you knit for your nieces are soooo cute, you're so talented and sweet!

P.S.
As for the mask recs., I'm still in the process of testing them out but I would probably avoid Catena Salmon Roe Essence mask because it really didn't seem to do anything for me.

Daituf said...

I just bought the exact same ribbons!!! Well, except it's from H&M and it's blue...
I am just like you! Sucker for everything headband or ribbon...mostly ribboned headbands XD
I'm not sure what to do with these clips tho...
It was an impulse buy...now I'm not sure where to use it on my head :S

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...