Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Yu-Be Moisturizing Cream

Several weeks ago or I should say more than a month ago, I ordered a sample of Yu-Be Moisturizing Cream (click here to see the post). I'm going to give my thoughts about this product.
Product Review: Yu-Be Moisturizing Cream

Where can you purchase this: online at http://www.yu-be.com
Price: $4.95 for shipping and handling

Made in Japan

Description from the website: Yu-Be is a Glycerin-based moisturizing cream enriched with Vitamin E, Vitamin B2 and Camphor. It's the uniquely high Glycerin content and absorbability, achieved through a special manufacturing process in Japan, which makes Yu-Be so effective on severe dry skin and truly sets it apart from other creams.

Yu-Be contains these leading skin conditioning ingredients:

  • Glycerin - Natural "Humectant" attracts and retains moisture in the skin, making it softer.
  • Vitamin E - Natural anti-oxidant and skin protector.
  • Vitamin B2 - Helps to smooth rough or damaged skin - also gives Yu-Be it's yellow color.
  • Camphor - Helps soothe minor skin irritations - mild scent fades in minutes leaving skin feeling healthy.
  • * Concentrated moisturizer helps hydrate, heal, soothe and smooth severe dry skin
  • * Helps heal split cuticles and smooth rough, dry skin on hands, elbows, knees and feet.
  • * Helps protect and moisturize skin exposed to cold, wind, water and sun.
  • * Non-greasy formula absorbs quickly and locks in for hours. Good for all day or all night.
  • * Contains no artificial colors or fragrances.
How to use: Gently massage a dab of Yu-Be into skin or lips. Apply as often as needed.

My thoughts: I actually bought this sample (yes, I consider buying since you still pay for it even though it's shipping and handling) for my eyelashes. I've been hearing great results from people who have used this on their eyelashes. They claim it makes their eyelashes lengthen, as well as, seen amazing results. I can't say anything else since I haven't used it on any body parts, skin or lip, other than my eyelashes.

I applied a small size, size of a tear drop, on each of my eyes. I'm not too sure how other people used it but I just rubbed it into my eyelashes. Make sure your eyes are closed! I also only did this at nights after taking my contacts out. I didn't want it to get onto my contacts.

Pros:
* I noticed some lengthening on the bottom lashes.
* It smells like Vaseline but goes away after a minute.

Cons:
* I didn't notice any lengthening on the top lashes.
* Smells like Vaseline.

Would I buy this again? Yes and no. Yes for the lengthening on my bottom lashes, but no for the lengthening on my top lashes... lol~ I might try this on my dry skin and decide from there.

Rating: 4/5 Tobey's Paws

I made sure to take pictures to see if I can see a difference through digital since our human eyes aren't the best at detecting. PLEASE ignore my naked eyes, as well as, my many freckles I hate!!!

Before:

After:
I know you can't tell from these pictures, but it definitely lengthen my bottom lashes. I can tell from my naked eyes. I have naturally short, bottom lashes and it's much longer which I like... hehe~ I wish I could say the same for the top lashes. I've tried almost every lengthening products and nothing seems to work for me. It might just be me... lol~ Please give it a try because it might work for you. I've seen so many positive results!!! :)


This past week I took pictures of my headbands so I can get ribbons for my Poupee Girl... lol~ If you would like an invite, give me your e-mail address and I will invite you. :) I didn't want the pictures to go to waste, therefore, I'm going to post all my headbands I have on here. I'm warning you I have a lot... hehe~ :X

From Forever 21 or Forever Love:

From other places:
I bought this from Target.
My brother bought me this when he went to Korea.
From Icing I bought last Friday.

I know a lot of the pictures are repeat, but I wanted to show all the headbands I have... hehe~ I'm headband crazy! The sad part is its not only headbands I have a lot of hair accessories!!! :X


I'm going to end with the recent crochet amigurumi finished project. I don't know if you remember the last one, the sleeping baby sheep (click here to see the post). My dad agreed with me that it's not that cute... lol~ Then he told me why not try a different color other than the grey. I didn't think of that until he mentioned it. :X I decided to remake another one using tan rather than grey, and I think it came out way better and cuter! :)
I'm going to give this one to my unborn nephew this coming May... hehe~ By the way, I hope you guys know both sheeps are held up in a sitting position with a box behind it. It's suppose to be sleepy sheeps... hehe~

If anyone wants the grey one, I'm willing to sell it.

credit: yu-be

30 comments:

kawaiikao said...

thanks for the review!! too bad it didn't work out for your top lashes as it did for your bottom ones :[

Unknown said...

wow you weren't kidding when you said you have a lot of hair bands. You sure do love your ribbons hehe

Audrie said...

I love your hairband collection!!! I have a couple of similar ones that I got from F21 as well!

Thanks for the review on Yu-Be, I might give it a try! I have really puny bottom lashes too...haha

A. Rose said...

Great review on the Yu-Be cream. I've heard that it lengthens lashes as well, but wasn't really sure if it was true.

Cute headbands, too! :)

ⓚ☪ said...

Cute headbands.

Jnie said...

your lashes do look thicker in the after picture.
hey i have one of those headbands too. lol

fuzkittie said...

Great review~ The headbands are so cute. I feel like even if the yu-be doesn't lengthen lashes (which it does for me), it at least really conditions them, haha.

izumi said...

HMM.. i might have to try me some of this yu-be cream. i love your headbands! such a massive collection, ahaha. are we poupee friends? i don't remember!

Aradani said...

for some reason I just never get around to buying the yu-be samples. i need me some lashes. too bad the stuff didn't work for your top lashes, but since it worked on the bottom, maybe just a little more time using it will work?
i love all those headbands! i need to go to f21 sometime, I feel the need to dress like blair waldorf growing..

Kasumi said...

I'm scared to rub anything onto my eyes since I have severe allergy problems. But I'm glad it ended up working for your bottom lashes!
I love the first headband! it's super kawaii ^^
Yay you're getting so much better! next thing you know you'll have a shop on etsy :)

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

ohh i think yu-be or yuskinA probably helped my lashes. it's much thicker than it was and it might have grew faster too. it so much cheaper over in japan, wish you could get easy access like us :(

cute headbands!!

Jo said...

girl what are you talking about?! you have long lashes!

and look at all them headbands! i've never watched gossip girl but i'm digging the last headband. the black with the double band heh

AskMeWhats said...

I wonder if your lashes will go back to normal if you stopped using this? My ardell, works but when you stop using it, it goes back to normal :)

Lovely hair ban collection!

Mona said...

headbandsssss!!!! me lovey hahaha

i'm tempted to try yu-be but i keep putting it off :P

miRaCLe said...

i love those headbands!! *envyy*
singapore's F21 seriously need to update their stores with some nice headband! :p

nice review on the yube cream! i wanna try on the yu-be too.. haha... i think i can notice some lenghtening for your upper lashes.. i see the inner corner is longer on the after picture! *wink*

btw.. how much are ya selling the doll?? ^^

Bijin Blair said...

Yep, the brown sheep is much cuter! I like the white hairband with a huge bow the most! I heart huge bows haha.

It's so sweet of you to think of me when you're watching AI hahaa. I know you'd be equally proud of Danny, I thought his performance was really good!

gio said...

I love you headbands collection, they are so cute!

too bad the Yu-be cream didn't work for your top lashes.

Naomi said...

awww.. I love all of your hairbands!! They are soooo cute ;)

chau said...

that sheep is too adorable! great review! those head bands are adorable!

delicious said...

thanks! my hamster is really fat LOL. I loove your Kero! It reminds me of when I was totally addicted to cardcaptors when I was younger lol

and your hairband collection is quite amazing :)

Lily said...

cute headbands! i see the yu-be brand everywhere!

Yumeko said...

oooh u have super long lashes already!!

the headbands are all super cute! wish i could see them on u ^^

Anonymous said...

kk~ the white version is sooo cute as well^^ and wow...may's coming up real quick!
I had no idea you were such a fan of headbands! (especially bows?) they are ridiculously cute^^
ps im glad i got you :P it just wouldn't be the same!

Violet Honeybee said...

lol so instead of makeup im wearing nail polishes. haha. my poor makeup must feel abandoned o.o

ohhh i've been wanting the For Audrey polish! When and where did you buy it?? Is it still in stock?? o.o

Yin said...

cute headbands. =)

I used vaseline on my lashes for 2 weeks and they grew alot. shame they didn't grow curly siiiigh.

miRaCLe said...

a swap!! that will be nice :D
wanna get the sheep for my friend's baby.. ^^
but i've never do a swap before... need some guide from ya! ^^
what do you want? any majolica majorca item or? haha. :D
sorry for being such a newbie >.<

Anonymous said...

you're so gooooooooood at knitting stuff! you should knit/crochet some more and sell your stuff!

Neeyuh said...

Nice review!! all your headbands are sooo cute! i really like all the ones with bows on them. aww the sheep is adorable i really wish i could make stuff like that!

buy ponds age miracle said...

I wanna try this cream and let me see how it really works to me. :)

vee

ponds age miracle said...

This is so informative i am interested to the cream good that you post this. :)

vee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...