Tuesday, June 16, 2015

CoverGirl Intensify Me! Liquid Liner in Intense Black

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive a great package from CoverGirl.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I received The Super Sizer Mascara and Intensify Me! Liquid Liner. For this post, I will review their newest eyeliner.
Product Review: CoverGirl LashBlast Intensify Me! Liquid Liner in #300 Intense Black

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at covergirl.com
Price: $8 for 1 mL/ 0.03 fl oz

Made in Germany

Description on the package:
* Paddle-shaped tip gives you two looks in one - thick and dramatic, or thin and elegant
* Intense black formula glides on smoothly and dries quickly for instant drama
* Ophthalmologically tested
* Suitable for contact lens wearers
* Removes easily with soap and water
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: For the longest time, I've been looking for a great liquid eyeliner. For that reason, I was excited to try this product.
Here's how the eyeliner looks. I like how pencil/pen-like it is. It's easy to grasp and use.
Here's a closer look at the tip. This is the thin side of the tip.
Here's the wider side of the tip.
Here's a swatch of the eyeliner on my hand. The first one on the left is using the thin tip. The middle is with the wide tip. The last one is on top of an eyeshadow. When it's on top of an eyeshadow, it becomes less shiny/glossy.
Here's how the eyeliner looks on me.
Here's an overall look on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it doesn't have any noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the eyeliner and it smells pretty fruity. I like that it's not chemical-like. Secondly when it comes to liquid eyeliners, what turns me off is the tip. I'm so used to using eyeliner brush that it's harder for me to apply a thin, perfect line with liquid liners (I need practice). For that reason, I was excited to see a pencil/pen-like liner. It's a lot easier for me. It feels like I'm holding a pen. I can see a lot of newbies who have never used a liner will enjoy this. I also like that it comes in a versatile tip. You can use the thin side, thick side, or even both. Third, another reason why I don't like liquid liners is the shine/glossy look. I tend to like my matte lines. This is in-between matte to shiny/glossy. It's actually doable. With that said it was dark and intense the first time I used it on my eyes (picture above). The second and after, it wasn't as intense as the first time. It looks like a light liquid liner. I'm not too sure if I'm using it wrong. I'm most probably am. :/ Once it dries on the skin, it doesn't come off and it's long lasting until I wash it off. It's extremely easy to wash off. They recommend soap and water, but I used a makeup remover. Lastly, it doesn't smudge but I did notice some dry crumbs at the end of the eyes throughout the day. It's a combination between my watery eyes and eyeliner. If you have dry eyes, this is great.

Pros:
* Comes with two tips; thin and thick.
* No noticeable scent.
* Easy to apply; pencil/pen-like shape and tip.
* Great for newbies.
* In-between matte to shiny/glossy look.
* Dries quickly.
* Once dried, it's set.
* Does not smudge.
* Doesn't stain the skin.
* Long lasting until you wash it off.
* Easy to remove.

Cons:
* With usage, the line loses it intense black.
* Not good for watery eyes; notice crumbs at the ends.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

1 comment:

Sachi said...

bummer it seems to fade. I'm the opposite with the tip, I am so used to a brush that I would probably have major issues with this, even tho the tip looks really cool

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...