Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Cleansing Pads

Aveeno gave me some Clear Complexion products. Their website says it really well!

"Specially formulated with moisture-rich Soy and salicylic acid, a dermatologist-recommended blemish-fighting ingredient, this line of facial care products works to clear up and prevent blemishes while evening out skin tone and texture, revealing a beautiful, clear complexion."

To be honest, I was not too sure what to do with them since I do not have acne not even adult acne. If I do get acne, it's when its that time of the month. I get the huge, red zit that's noticeable. For that reason and knowing I have dry skin, I avoid acne products. The products tend to dry out my skin, and I feel the tightness in my face that I dislike. I thought hard and decided to just try the products out.

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandisers, and online at aveeno.com
Price: around $7 for 28 pads

Made in USA

Description from the back: Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Cleansing Pads are designed to help clear up and prevent breakouts to leave your skin clear, smooth, and even-looking. These dual-textured cleansing pads are pre-moistened with a blemish fighting ingredient and moisture-rich soy to improve skin's clarity and help even out tone and texture, but not over-dry your skin. The pad is textured on one side to gently exfoliate and smooth on the other side to life away dirt, oil and makeup that can clog pores and cause breakouts. Gentle enough for everyday use and even for sensitive skin.
Ingredients:
Active ingredient
Inactive ingredient
Thoughts: Like I said since I do not have acne and for that reason, I was not too sure if I should try this product or not. Being a beauty blogger, as well as, being intrigued by products I had to try it out. Before I go more into the product, let me describe the package and the pads.
This is how it looks inside the package. I removed the steal before taking this picture. The steal is there to keep the pads moisturized. If there was no steal, I can see the pads get dry from circulation leaving the container. Of course, that will not happen in a day or a month.

One thing I found odd is that there's so much space around the pads. It did not make sense in the beginning, but now I understand after using the product. It makes it easier to grab the pads as you go down.
Here's how the pads look like. They're smooth on one side, and textured on the other. I hope you can see the tiny bumps in the picture. The textured side is to help exfoliate the skin, and the smooth side is to remove dirt and makeup.
I'm glad they put the expiration date on the bottom of the container. I'm not a big fan of products with expiration date only on the box. I tend to throw the box away as soon as I start using a product, and I do not have a reference to follow.

Now for the product, I actually like their smell. It doesn't smell like chemicals especially knowing it has salicylic acid. It's a floral scent, but on the sweet side. I also like that it's not a strong scent. I only smell it initially when exfoliating my face.

It's recommended for everyday, but I actually only use it twice a week. I normally exfoliate my face twice a week. I try not to exfoliate that often since it's not good for my dry skin. For that reason, I decided to use this twice a week as well. I noticed they remove dirt and makeup really well. I don't think you need to only use the smooth side. The textured side removes makeup and dirt as well or at least from my experience I could see a lot of stuff on the textured side.

When it comes to exfoliating, I can feel the bumps on my skin while cleaning. It feels cleaner and smoother afterwards. It'll be great for people who have acne because of the salicylic acid. To be honest, I do feel some tightness after using this product but not to the point of dryness that a moisturizer will not fix. I did happen to notice I did not get any acne this time of the month. It could just be a coincidence, but I honestly think this product helped. Something to think about...

Overall, I actually do recommend this product if you have acne. If you do not have acne, you can still use this product but I do not recommend in daily basis. Once or twice a week is good.

Pros:
* Aveeno; a brand that uses natural ingredients.
* Recommended for acne prone skin.
* Salicylic acid; acne medication.
* Dual-textured cleansing pad.
* Expiration on the container.
* Sweet, floral scent.
* Removes dirt and makeup.
* Exfoliates skin.

Cons:
* A little tightness.

Would repurchase: No, since I do not have acne.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Speaking of Aveeno, they're always so considerate!
They sent me cookies and a birthday card last year. They did it again this year! :) I think it's to celebrate my blog. To be honest, I don't even remember when I started blogging but they do. Isn't that so sweet!?!?
Here's the cookies from Elenis.
The birthday card I received. They had all the PR's sign the birthday card. I love how personalized it was! I feel special. :)

Thank you Aveeno!!! :)

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...