Monday, May 16, 2011

Chaz Dean and Genlux Event

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I don't know what happened to my Thursday scheduled post. I know it was up in the morning but at night time, poof it was gone. Blogspot was having maintenance Thursday night to Friday. When we were able to log back onto our dashboard, it was back to what we had on Wednesday. For that reason, I rescheduled for another day.


This past Thursday I was fortunate enough to attend Chaz Dean and Genlux Event. Chaz Dean remodeled his studio and they decided to have a celebration, as well as, a collaboration with Genlux Magazine. For the people who don't know who Chaz Dean is. He's a professional hairstylist to the celebrities, as well as, the creator of WEN products. I was fortunate to meet him at the last Beautylish Event. Of course, he doesn't remember little old me but the wonderful PRs from Mannfolk does. :) They were kind enough to invite me and I, of course, couldn't decline.

Before I talk about the event, I need to apologize! I usually take a lot of pictures, but this time around I wasn't able to. Most events I have other bloggers and we share my camera. When I'm getting my hair or per say makeup done, I let the other bloggers use my camera. This time around since I didn't have any blogger friends with me, it was myself taking the pictures. :X

I actually showed up before most of the people came and was able to check out the studio. The first thing I noticed were the cute cupcakes from A Sweet Design.

They had mini cupcakes on the bottom four layers. The top piece, WEN Products and Genlux, are actually a cake. Aren't they adorable!?!? I was fortunate to receive cupcakes from A Sweet Design to review on my blog. Please check out my reviews and if you're around the area, I swear you need to grab some. They're delicious! :)

A Sweet Design
17801 Chatsworth St.
Granada Hills, CA 91344
(818) 363-9825

Then I noticed three skinny, large size Labrador Retrievers. They were on the side playing with each other. I found out they're Chaz Dean's dog. I must say he has good taste! :) He has two black ones and one yellow lab.
I had to take pictures of the black labs. They reminded me of skinnier, darker, and taller Tobey. The girl is in the front with the red collar, and the dog sleeping at the doorstep is a male. They're so adorable.
I had to take a picture of this. The green liquid is green tea cucumber lemonade. Oh mi goodness, that thing is delicious! Who would have thought a mixture of all these flavors would make a delicious, yummy drink! As I write this, I'm drooling and wanting some at the moment. :X

The sad thing is these were the only pictures I took that day. :X After getting the drink, I went into the studio to get my hair washed and blow dried. Both washing and blow drying took longer than most of the other people. I got the best people working on my hair! Theresa, an assistant of Chaz Dean, washed my hair. She was amazing because not only did she shampoo my hair, she gave me a great neck massage! :) Shiri (I hope I spelled her name right) blow dried my hair. She made sure it was blow dried, as well as, curled on the ends. I had the best experience on my hair. I definitely recommend Chaz Dean's Studio in Hollywood.

Chaz Dean Studio
6444 Fountain Ave.
Hollywood, CA 90027
(323) 467-6444

I wish I had more time, because I would had taken pictures with the celebrities who were there like Petra Nemcova and Josie Maran. Next time I hope!
I did come home with a swag bag of WEN products and Genlux Magazine.
This is what was inside the bag.
Here's a closer look of Genlux Magazine. Petra Nemcova is gorgeous on camera, but I have to say she's more in person! I was blown away by her angelic look. :) I will review WEN products throughly in the future posts. I did review WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner. Please check that out.

Thank you Mannfolk for inviting me to the event, as well as, Chaz Dean for having one!

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

4 comments:

amynaree said...

the green tea thing looks and sounds so yummy! ahhh so sad i missed this! i would of loved to be pampered and get my hair done hehe

Shop N' Chomp said...

You're always going to such fun events! I love the cupcakes and those cute doggies. :) Which WEN products were in your swag bag?

(I think it's too soon to say really. Coach has been around forever.)

JanandJill.com said...

That's so cool you got to see Petra in person. I think she is so beautiful too I just saw her on Dancing with the Stars and it was fun to watch her on TV and really nice makeup tips. You have a great blog here, following you now

xoDale
I have a fashion blog here in SF

Diane said...

Great event, looks like it was a lot of fun. I would love to have gotten my hair done by such a professional team! I was laughing when I read your tweet about giving Tobey a bath with the WEN products. Tobey is a lucky dog. =)

I'm loving the great swag bag!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...