Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Pasta Chips

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post was given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive Vintage Italia Pasta Chips.
I took this picture from my Instagram. I received 5 Pasta Chips in Alfredo, Marinara, Spicy Tomato Herb, Mediterranean Sea Salt, and Garlic Olive Oil. If you are like me and never heard of Pasta Chips...

"I would like to take you on a journey through Italy with our delicious Pasta Chips, an idea born in the hills of Tuscany at a small, authentic Osteria, where food comes alive with the passion associated with Italy. It was here I was served fresh pasta dough drizzled with olive oil, topped with a few salt crystals. Everything was gently baked. I was in LOVE. As soon as I tasted this unique chip, I wanted to share with each one of you. SO simple but so good! This was the perfect chip.

Pasta Chips are made with semolina flour and Italian herbs. We've married this Tuscan inspired chip with different seasonings based on regional Italian favorites, steeped in hundreds of years of Italian culture and living. I hope you enjoy Pasta Chips and the journey which brought it to life. I thoroughly enjoy creating innovative and interesting snacks. It's my passion!"

I got this information from their website, They said it better than I ever could! I will review each chips as I ate them and opinions I got. I shared my chips with my dad, brother and his family (wife and 2 children), and my co-worker.

Marinara:
Description: Marinara sauce brings the classic flavors of Italy into one reminiscent taste. Everyone has a secret family marinara recipe that was passed down in the family, and we've included ours on these chips!
Nutrition Facts:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I reached for this chip first out of curiosity. I was thinking it'll taste like spaghetti. In my opinion, it tastes more like pizza even my co-worker agrees.
Here's how the chip looks like. It's very delicious, but I can't eat a lot in one sitting. I could eat couple and then it gets too salty to my taste bud. This was my brother's favorite.

Alfredo:
Description: The creamy, buttery flavors of alfredo sauce blend so nicely when parmigiano-reggiano is sprinkled in, making a decadent flavor to pair with the crunchiness of Pasta Chips.
Nutrition Facts:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: This has to be my favorite! It's not salty, but at the same time, I wouldn't say it tastes like alfredo. It was my perfect blend of taste; not too sweet and not too salty.
Here's a closer look at the chip.

Mediterranean Sea Salt:
Description: Puglia is located at the heel of the "boot" and this is where the largest salt flat in Europe is located. Simply seasoning with sea salt makes it easy for you to pair with your favorite dip!
Nutrition Facts:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I like how the chip has a neutral taste until you take a bite out of the sea salt. Yes, you can taste and feel the sea salt or at least I could.
Here's a closer look at the chip.

Garlic Olive Oil:
Description: Garlic and olive oil are the ultimate romantic duo; letting garlic simmer in olive oil creates a delicious aroma that wafts throughout the kitchen. Go ahead, open the bag and let the memories flow.
Nutrition Facts:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I'm a huge fan when it comes to onion, garlic, and olive oil. I'm a huge fan of this flavor but I wouldn't say it's my favorite.
Here's a closer look at the chip.

Spicy Tomato Herb:
Description: Being located at the tip of the "boot", it's no wonder Calabria decided to add a little "kick" to the classic marinara flavor. Spice up your day with some arrabiata inspired chips!
Nutrition Facts:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: This was my co-worker's favorite. She's a huge fan of spicy foods. I wouldn't say it's the most spiciest but it is spicy in a way that leaves a slight ting on the tongue.
Here's a close up of the chip.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I'm extremely thankful to be introduced to this brand. Not only did I like Pasta Chips, my brother and his family became a huge fan. Secondly, the chips are crunchy and delicious. I love that it comes in different flavors. It will please everyone from people who enjoy salty foods to spiciness. Third and lastly, one of the fear I had was that it'll be hard to find in stores. I searched on the store locator and realized it's sold in Walmart and Safeway groceries like Pavilions and Vons.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post was given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

8 comments:

LauraLeia said...

I love savoury snacks, and if this was available here I think I'd wallop the whole lot, haha! Very innovative snack, and all the flavours sounds delicious~

Sachi said...

These are very tasty! Nice way to change it up from regular chips

Konstantina Antoniadou said...

seems super tasty!!:)

WWW.KMEETSSTYLE.COM

Bijin Blair said...

Lucky you! You actually received chips to review?! Cannot help but to drool all over my keyboard, haha!

Ahleessa said...

It was! :)

Ahleessa said...

Have you had these? My family love it. :)

Ahleessa said...

They are! It became a huge hit with my family and friends. :)

Sachi said...

I had the marinara ones. Don't know if the fam likes them since I um...ate them all? lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...