Thursday, November 21, 2013

Perlier Imperial Honey Body Butter

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

This is my second time working with Perlier on HSN that I got through iFabbo. I already reviewed Perlier Volcanic Thermal Scrub which I recommend if you're looking for a nice, fun body scrub. For this post, I will talk about their new body butter.

Where to purchase: hsn.com
Price: $40 for 200 mL/ 6.7 fl oz

Made in Italy

Description from the back: This exclusive melting body butter from the rare Honey of Black Bees, combined with Royal Jelly, is a true youth-elixir. It nourishes the skin, leaving it pleasantly scented with the sensual notes of Honey and Oriental woods. Perfect to protect the skin from cold in winter and also ideal to help soothe the skin after sun exposure. Apply on the entire body, massaging in gently. NOT A FOOD PRODUCT. FOR ADULT USE ONLY.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: When it comes to body butter, I'm a huge fan. They're extremely moisturizing especially for my dry skin. So when I saw this in the iFabbo shop, I knew I had to get it. Plus it didn't hurt I had a decent experience with the Volcanic Thermal Scrub.
My first impression was how classic and simple the packaging is. Once I opened the lid, I thought it looked inexpensive especially the lid.
Here's how the body butter looks when I open the package.
Here's a swatch of the body butter.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the scent is warm. It's suppose to smell like honey or I'm guessing from the name and description. To me, it smells more like chipped wood. Being a fruity girl, I'm not too keen on the scent. I thought after each usage I'll get use to it, but I'm not. Other than the scent, this product is actually pretty good. I noticed on my dry spot the product sinks in automatically. I don't need to rub it in. Within seconds, it's already absorbed. On my normal spots, I do have to rub it in but not as long as I do for my body butter from The Body Shop. I also noticed it does not leave a greasy texture once it's absorbed. I know a lot of people have an issue with this. I actually don't mind body products being slight greasy since they eventually absorb into my dry skin. To finish, it actually hydrated my skin. I had a really bad dry spot on one of my ankles. It was so dry that the skin was coming off, and the sad part it was painful. After the second usage, it improved and all that patchiness disappeared.

Pros:
* Classic looking packaging.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Not greasy.
* Improves dry texture skin.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Smells like chipped wood.

Would repurchase: Yes, if they had other scents.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Discount: $5.00 off Perlier products
Discount Code: iFabbo5
You can use this code at Perlier on HSN. I am not affiliated with the website. I will not get paid if you use the code.

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

YomiC said...

I have never seen this brand before and have not tried much with body butter before. But since I have quite dry skin, it might be good for me.

http://www.gwiyomistyle.net

Ahleessa said...

The scent reminded me of chipped wood, and I'm not too sure if I want to smell wood. I'll finish it but I doubt I would get this again. Are you getting this again?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...