Sunday, November 24, 2013

Lancome DreamTone in Fair Skin

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I feel so fortunate to receive DreamTone from SheSpeaks/Lancome.

Product Review: Lancome DreamTone in #1 Fair Skin

Where to purchase: department stores, ULTA, and online at lancome-usa.com
Price: $98 for 40 mL/ 1.3 fl oz

Made in France

Description from the website: Introducing New DreamTone, 3 barely-tinted serums to visibly correct dark spots, color imperfections and uneven skin tone.

DreamTone is the next generation of dark spot correction. So powerful, 72% of women dare to bare their skin.*

IMMEDIATELY:
* 74% saw glowing skin*

7 DAYS:
* 70% noticed a more even skin tone*

4 WEEKS:
* 69% saw the appearance of dark spots reduced*

8 WEEKS:
* 78% saw color imperfections reduced*

Color Correction specific to your skin tone: Imperfections like redness, sallowness and acne marks are visibly reduced.

* All results based on global self-assessments of women of multiple ethnicities in an 8-week study. 72% reflects 8 weeks of use.

Customized for all skin tones: fair, medium & dark

1
Customized for fair skin tone
- Dark Spots
- Uneven Skin Tone
- Redness

2
Customized for medium skin tone
- Dark Spots
- Uneven Skin Tone
- Sallowness

3
Customized for dark skin tone
- Dark Spots
- Uneven Skin Tone
- Acne & Blemish Marks
Ingredients:
AQUA / WATER / EAU, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL DENAT., HYDROXYPROPYL TETRAHYDROPYRANTRIOL, SQUALANE, ISOPROPYL LAUROYL SARCOSINATE, POLYSILICONE-11, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, HYDROXYPHENOXY PROPIONIC ACID, GRIFOLA FRONDOSA FRUITING BODY EXTRACT, CARBOMER, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, INULIN LAURYL CARBAMATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, MANNITOL, CHLORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT, AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE / AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE, DISODIUM EDTA, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID, ACETYL TETRAPEPTIDE-15, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, GERANIOL, EUGENOL, LIMONENE, CITRONELLOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
Thoughts: I was extremely excited to receive this serum, because I strongly needed a product that would reduce my dark spots. While growing up, I wished I had a role model that would tell me to wear sunscreen on daily basis. I did not know the importance of wearing sunscreen until several years ago. Even knowing, it's been a struggle to add onto my daily skincare. With all those years of damage and it's been a lot, my inner freckles and dark spots became apparent.
Here's the packaging of the serum. It's very well-made and I love the gradient from medium to dark pink. It's so pretty and unique!
Here's a closer look at the top with the Lancome trademark.
Here's how the bottle looks when you open the top. It's not one of those lids that you push to open. You actually have to turn to the right to open and to the left to close. I think it's unique but not only that, it's sanitary safe. Once the lid is open, you push to pump the serum.
Here's a closer look of the serum. I got #1 Fair Skin and it's light, beige in color. I never noticed until I photo-shopped this picture. There's actually circular particles. It's definitely not noticeable with the naked eye or at least I never noticed.

Now for the scary part of this post...
Before:
After:

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, this smells heavenly! It's very sweet and it reminds me of my childhood when I played with those dolls that smelled. Is it Strawberry Girl? I don't remember. :/ Secondly, the consistency does not remind me of a serum but more like a lotion/cream that is on the light side. Especially at nights after washing, this felt really good on my semi-tight skin. It was hydrating, at the same time, the semi-tightness disappeared. It actually sunk into my skin pretty quickly and it didn't feel greasy at all. I liked everything about this product, but I wasn't 100% sure it was improving my dark spots. Personally, I did not worry about uneven skin tone and redness. I think I'm pretty balanced in those areas. I do have one dark spot that's prominent in one area on my left cheek. After using this for some time, I noticed a decrease in size and color. It's not that big of a difference but it's noticeable. With that said, I still wasn't sure until I saw my before and after picture. I can definitely tell the difference especially when I was photo-shopping the pictures. They're definitely lighter in color and less noticeable in my after picture. I just wish they would give us more time to try this product before reviewing.

Pros:
* Lancome; a brand I trust.
* Pretty and unique packaging.
* The bottle is sturdy and sanitary safe.
* Smells fruity.
* Feels more like a moisturizer than a serum.
* Hydrating.
* Sinks quickly to the skin.
* Not greasy.
* Notice a slight decrease in color and size of my dark spots.

Cons:
* Expensive.

Would repurchase: Yes, so far.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Lancome products reviewed/swatch:
Advanced Genifique

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

5 comments:

Lena L said...

thanks for reviewing this! i'm actually very fond of lancome skincare products. it's very difficult to see any result from any brightening skincare regimen but i can see this serum actually works. :)

Linda said...

I love Lancome! This sounds like a great product.

Ahleessa said...

Initially, I thought I saw some results but I wasn't sure. After editing my picture, I definitely noticed the change. Thank you! :) Are you going to get this? I read reviews and they don't recommend by skin tone, but recommend what your desires are.

Ahleessa said...

This is but I don't think you need it... hehe~ :)

YomiC said...

It's so expensive... you are lucky to receive it for review <3

It seems to be a great product!

http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...