Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Model in a Bottle Eye Make Up Remover

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Beginning of this year at The Makeup Show, one of the products in the goody bag was a small bag with products from Model in a Bottle.

Inside the small bag, we received a Lash Builder and Super Gentle Eye Make Up Remover. For this post, I will talk about the eye makeup remover.
Product Review: Model in a Bottle Super Gentle Eye Make Up Remover Non-Oily

Where to purchase: modelinabottle.com
Price: not too sure for 4 fl oz/ 120 mL

Made in USA

Description from the brochure: This Non-oily formula is designed to work quickly breaking down the make up without that oily feeling in and around the eye area.

Perfect for those who wear contact lenses. This product will even break down water proof mascara. Made with botanicals that help soothe the delicate eye area.

* Super gentle formula
* Non-oily non-irritating
* Anti-inflammatory
* Safe for contact lenses
* Aloe Vera and Cucumber extract
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I love trying new products especially when brands are not well known. You never know when you will find a treasure!
Here's a closer look at the bottle. Isn't their icon simple but cute!?!?
Here's a closer look at the pump. From my experience, most removers come with an open area. I love that it comes with a pump, and you have full control of the quantity of the product being pumped. This is also very travel friendly. You can close the pump by moving it forward and back. Of course, you want to be careful where you place the product as you travel so it doesn't open.
If you're looking for a remover with oil, this isn't it. This is a non-oily, super gentle eye makeup remover. Here's a picture of first swipe of the remover on the eyeshadow (left) and eyeliner (right) on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... I love that it comes with a pump! You have full control of the quality of product being pump. Some pumps you cannot control but with this, you can. Speaking of quality of product being pump, you don't need that much product. A couple of drops, 2 or 3, will be enough for one eye. When you see the 2 drops on the cotton pad, it doesn't seem much. Plus most products on cotton pads, they tend to be absorb by the pad. With this product, the cotton pad does not absorb the product but seems like it's increasing in amount. It's amazing and this product will last for a long time! I also love that it's not oily. The downside of it is that it doesn't really remove eyeliners especially liquid and gel that well. When it comes to eyeshadows, it removes quickly and gently. You don't need to do much. You can just put the cotton pad on your eyes and pop eyeshadow is gone. Eyeliners and mascara is another story. You need to tug and use more another cotton pad with product to get rid of everything. I found it more of a work than an eye makeup remover with oil. Since I find it so hard to remove the eyeliners, I might actually use this to remove my face makeup and use the oil-based remover for my eyes. That's just an idea.

Pros:
* Comes with a pump; you can open and close by moving the top.
* Need couple of drops for each eye.
* Product will last a long time.
* Non-oily.
* Gentle on the eyes.
* Removes eyeshadow easily.

Cons:
* Hard to find even on their website.
* Takes a lot of work to remove eyeliner and mascara.

Would repurchase: Not too sure.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

Sachi said...

o0o0 love the pump. why don't more companies do that? This is the first time I have seen an eye makeup remover with a pump

Ahleessa said...

I know! I think it's awesome that it comes with a pump. I would appreciate if all removers came with one. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...