Sunday, August 26, 2012

Clinique Chubby Colour & Shine in Whole Lotta Honey, Mega Melon, Woppin's Watermelon and Super Strawberry

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Sorry I have not blogged for a week! I was not feeling well, but I'm much better now.

On Fourth of July, I went to the outlet stores and bought Clinique Chubby Colour & Shine set from the CCO.

Where to purchase: Cosmetics Company Outlet, or the singles at Clinique stands and online at clinique.com
Price: $22.75 for the set (0.04 oz/1.2 g) or $16 for full size

Made in Canada

Description on the site: Super-nourishing balm is loaded with mango and shea butters. Just what dry, delicate lips need to feel comfortably soft and smooth. Sixteen natural-looking lip tints in all, each with a subtle sheen.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I've been wanting to try Clinique Chubby Sticks and this gave me a great opportunity to try four, mini-sized. Before I talk more about the Chubby Sticks, let me talk about the makeup bag it came with.
Since it's a gift set, it came with a small makeup bag. I'm not a huge fan of silver makeup bag, but I do have to say the inside is really cute! It's bright pink with floral prints. If you look carefully, you can see the floral prints in the picture.
Now for the Chubby Sticks, it came with four mini-sized. From left to right it's #02 Whole Lotta Honey, #04 Mega Melon, #06 Woppin' Watermelon, and #07 Super Strawberry. This was taken with flash.
Here's how the Chubby Sticks look like in natural light. This is Whole Lotta Honey.
This is Mega Melon.
This is Woppin' Watermelon.
The last one is Super Strawberry.
This is the swatch of the Chubby Sticks. From left to right it's Whole Lotta Honey, Mega Melon, Woppin' Watermelon, and Super Strawberry.

Now for pictures of how the Chubby Sticks look on my lips.
This is Whole Lotta Honey.
Mega Melon...
This has to be my favorite that I wear often, Woppin' Watermelon.
The brightest from the bunch is Super Strawberry.

Now for my overall opinion... I actually love the Chubby Sticks. They're not the most pigmented, but enough for my taste. They're glossy, does not have shimmers, not sticky, and they hydrate your dry lips. If you're looking for a product that hydrates your lips within minutes, this isn't it. It will help to moisturize your lips within time. The only thing I noticed is that they do not last long. After I eat something, the product is gone.

If I have to compare this with Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, which I thoroughly reviewed, I would choose Clinique Chubby Sticks. I like Revlon Balm Stain, but the shininess does not last long and the color gets more pigmented as time goes on. The reason it gets more pigmented as time goes on is because it's a lip stain as well. It's a multi-functional product, but most of the stain does not look good on me. I look better when I initially apply the Balm Stain. If you like pigmented lip products, then Revlon Balm Stain is for you. If you like semi-pigmented which shininess that hydrates your lips, Clinique Chubby Sticks it is.

Pros:
* Variety of colors.
* Do not have to sharpen; retractable.
* Glossy.
* Semi-pigmented.
* No glitters.
* Not sticky.
* Hydrates your lips.

Cons:
* Does not last long.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


The winner of the Aveeno Gold Metal Worthy Giveaway did not contact me so I will announce a new winner...
The winner will win Pure Renewal 2in1, Ultra-Calming Makeup Removing Wipes (I reviewed the product), Positively Nourishing Body Wash, and Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30.

The winner is...
#63...
Congratulations to Denysia Ann-Yu Chu!!! :)

Now for Zoya Nail Polish Set Giveaway...
The winner will win Tracie and Myrta.

The winner is...
#8...
Congratulations to Lena Lee! :)

You have 48 hours to contact me with your name and address. E-mail me at aly_4realz (at) hotmail (dot) com. If you don't contact me within 48 hours, I will draw a new winner.

Thank you Aveeno and Verve 360 for a wonderful giveaways!!! :)

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...