Sunday, March 15, 2009

Flour Soup (sue je bi) and Some Hauls

I made this more than a month ago... lol~ I'm taking my time with the recipes since I have so many to post, and it takes a lot of time to post them. :X I'm sure eventually everything will be posted... hehe~

If you need some guidance with the ingredients, you can check my Korean Cooking 101. ;)

Ingredients:
sue je bi package
water
3-5 anchovies
2 dashima/dried seaweed
1 potato
chopped garlic
1/2 onion
clams
squash
salt
black pepper
chopped green onion

Serving: 4-6

Step 1:
I usually make this fresh, but my sister-in-law left this box down here the last time they visited. I might as well use it instead of it going to waste... hehe~ You can make this dish twice with this box. Inside the box there's 2 packages. One package has a big bag with a small bag attached onto the big one. Cut open the big bag and put it in a big bowl. Then you add 3/4 cup of water, and mix (SORRY I didn't take a picture).

If you don't have the package, you can make it fresh from flour. In a big bowl, add 4 c. flour, 1 egg, and 1 c. water.

After you mix the dough, wrap it with a plastic wrap. I usually make it in the morning of the night I'm going to make this soup. Then keep it in the refrigerator.

Step 2:
In a pot, you're going to make the broth. You need water, anchovies, and dashima (dried seaweed). Cook the broth for about 20-30 minutes.

Step 3:
Remove the anchovies and dashima from the broth. You can throw away the anchovies. It is up to you if you want to throw away the dashima. I used it at the end of the recipe. I cut my potatoes into triangle pieces and dump it into the broth. I also add chopped garlic.
I chopped some onion and threw that into the broth. I usually add more clams than I did for this soup... lol~ I only had 2 clams left, therefore, I only threw those in. :X
After cooking for 15-20 minutes, I cut little pieces of the dough (taken out from the refrigerator) you did in step 1. It needs to be in small, flat pieces. I use my hand to rip the pieces and then throw them in the soup.
Once the dough is done, it will rise to the top.
Then I cut my squash into triangle pieces and throw that into the soup.
Then I add salt and black pepper to my taste. I top of the soup with chopped green onions and cut dashima that I used for the broth.
Now you can eat with kim-chi... hehe~ How sad you only see that one clam... lol~ :X


This past Friday I checked out MAC to see their new collection, the duo blushes. I wish I didn't because I ended up buying one *sigh*.
I ended up buying "Love Rock" and asked for a sample. She gave me a sample of Strobe Cream. I love samples because that's how I know if the products work for me or not... hehe~ :)
Here's a swatch of the blush. It's a mineral blush with two different colors. The one on the left is the bottom of the blush, and the one on the right is the top of the blush.
The one thing I was disappointed about their blush is how freaking small it is. I guess you can say I expected it to be bigger but it's really pigmented. I was blown away how pigmented the blushes were! :) While I was checking out the blushes, I thought it was the same size as the duo mineral eyeshadows. I came home and compared the sizes and I was wrong... lol~ It's a little big larger than the eyeshadows. :P Here's a comparison.


After MAC, I checked out the new TJ Max. I wish I didn't because I ended up buying again *sigh*. I bought a new purse by Katy Van Zeeland.
I ended up liking this so much that I was sitting there for 20 minutes debating. I ended up getting it since it was the only one left in this color. :X


Then I came home to my Cherry Culture haul. Don't expect a lot of things, because I didn't buy much... lol~
I've been wanting the Thalia lipstick from NYX, as well as, wanting to try their round lipgloss in Ballerina Pink. I bought this during their free shipping on March 10th and I received it 4 days later... woo hoo~ That was pretty fast shipping!!! They also gave me a free lipgloss from Amuse.


I'm going to end this post with my recent crochet project... hehe~ I named it Tobster a nickname I received from this oppa (brother in Korean), friend, I knew long time ago when I first got Tobey. Here's my Tobster... hehe~

Frontal view:

Side view:
Back view:
I made the tail point to the right because Tobey's tail is always to the right. If the dog's tail is point to the right, it's a good sign. It means he's happy. I heard that from a vet during a dog show long time ago... hehe~

I also compared Tobster to Tobey Jr.
That's Tobey Jr. my oldest brother gave me on the left. I didn't know what to do with the blue crochet heart I made before Tobster (click here to see my post on the heart). So I have Tobey Jr. holding it... hehe~

Then I had Tobey take a picture with himself, Tobster... hehe~
The best time to take a picture when he's tired... hehe~ When he's wide awake, he wants to rip Tobster apart. :X

Does Tobster look like Tobey? Did I do a good job? What do you think?

I also had to make two more hearts for the middle school boys I know.
Yeah, one of the boys wanted a pink one for his cell. :/

22 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Tobster and Toby and SOOOOOOOOOOO adorable!! I love them both!

Thanks for posting the recipe...I love Korean food, but I only know how to make Japanese, Malaysian, Indonesian, and Sri Lankan food.

I know about the hauling...It's hard to pass a MAC counter...

izumi said...

your crochet is so cute! how long did that take you? it looks great :D

Kasumi said...

one the boys wanted a pink one?!
the dog you made is sooo adorable! ME WANT ONE!!!
mmm my korean friend made this for me one time. I don't think i liked it very much. Maybe bc she was a beginner in cooking lol. she told me she kept adding stuff in and yeah iono. it was weird.
ohh loverock is so pretty. I forgot to check it out when i went to the mall today. pooey!

TanyaLasagna said...

D:! I'm now tempted to get Love Rock .___. aiyaaaa, I will NOT become a MAC whore xD !

The bag is really cute! One time when I went to Ross, I saw THE most adorable KVZ bag, but I didn't get it :[

and how opaque is Ballerina Pink? I was thinking of getting it =X

CAMELLIA said...

cute crochet projects (:
&nice haul

AskMeWhats said...

I was just going to say Tobster looks like Tobey! then there you go calling him Tobster ! So cute!

You are lucky MAC there gives you samples, we always here our MAC SAs say their samples are out of stock! what the heck? I bet it's not even true! :)

Wonderful food! I have never tried that! Thanks for sharing!

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

awww more yummy korean food!!

im starting to lem the MAC blushes now...!!

nnice nyx haul.. they are selling nyx here now! ive seen 2 decent shelves! (in two places) lol

awwwww your crochet is so cute! keep them coming! :)

Kasumi said...

I think i'm a little crazy about my nail polishes...
lol maybe he still hasn't come out of the closet yet lol j/k unless it's true?
omgosh. I want to learn to crochet but i'm real slow with stuff like that.

Mona said...

oh yay! another korean recipe. i love these! :D

how cute is that little crochet doggie to match your prince!!

kawaiikao said...

ahh cute mini Tobey!! and i loveee THALIA! it's so pretty :] very cute bag find at tj max!

Jnie said...

you never fail to make me drool^.^

Tobster is so cute! I love the picture of Tobey and Tobster. Awwww.
You know what, I don't think I've been getting notification of your updates from blogger. weird...

Jo said...

yeah i think it would be cute if the brushes had a small HK head logo right next to the 'hello kitty'

i'm still in awe at how you can whip up cute creations with just a ball of yarn! I can knit a scarf and thats it =(

that is some good ol' comfort soup right there. looks like the type of soup i'll be having in bed during the winter. yummmm

Anonymous said...

hey~
ahhh tobster looks TOOO OFREAKING CUTE! I love it! I think you did a great job~
kk. and i find it cute that the student wanted a pink heart!
Thats the way to break down those gender barriers/roles! lol

beeyoutiful7 said...

OMG..
Sue je bi sounds excellent right now... sigh*

thanks for the recipe! i will have to try making it on my own ..sometime..

I LOVEEE MINI TOBEY.

paperdollrevenge said...

Too too CUTE!! Great job on Tobster!

And...I just gave your blog an award! Go see! =P

Your blog always makes me hungry!!

Anonymous said...

Nice haul! And Tobster is soo cute!!

Emilita said...

Great post. The soup looks so good, the MAC swatch is pretty and the bag is cool too...and I love those crochet projects! How did you make the shapes? I crochet too and would love to learn how to make a cute doggy like that. Can you point me to any resources? Thanks.

paperdollrevenge said...

I always forget to ask MAC for samples! I want to check out the new collections...I'm not too sure on how I feel about some of my HK purchases, so maybe I might want to exchange some things.

Oh man I wanted to do more parts of the "al-al-al-cohol" but I didn't have enough pictures...and I was being lazy, hehe. It's ok...I used the transition effect but I forgot what it was called already. =P Thanks for noticing!

For the list, it takes you to this site http://www.bloggerplugins.org/ . On the left side bar, under the Followers you'll see Popular Posts, click on Top Commentators Widget for Blogger. (I changed the title of mine.) I like it! Makes me appreciate my top commentators, hehe I mean I appreciate all comments but when you put it into a tally like it, it's like whoa.

Now do a look with your new MAC "Love Rock!" Pretty please? =)

paperdollrevenge said...

I saw my list right away...you clicked on Add To Blog and filled out the fields with your blog addy and number you want showing, right? Did you at least see it appear in your Blog Layout page? And then after that click Save...

Yumeko said...

awww u did so good on tobster! super cute!!!!!

paperdollrevenge said...

Aww yay I see it! And you are loved by me! hehe Aww at least now it works...it must have just been a bug or too many requests on their end...like you said, 10th time's the charm! =)

miRaCLe said...

i love the tobster! u sure can crochet! :)))

<3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...