Wednesday, March 11, 2009

CoverGirl LashBlast Luxe Mascara in Black Platinum

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Recently, I changed my mascara and I will review the new one I'm using by CoverGirl. Before I talk about the new mascara, I will quickly say a little something about the past one.

I used the sample mascara given with the Hard Candy face palette I bought last year. The only reason why I'm not thoroughly going to review this mascara is because they're not making any more Hard Candy brand. There's no point of reviewing this mascara, but I want to say my 2 cents in this product... hehe~

All I can say about this mascara is its one of the worst mascara I have used. :X I have naturally straight eyelashes, part of being Asian, and this mascara cannot hold a curl for the life of it. After I curl my eyelashes and apply this mascara, I can see it fall right in front of my eyes while applying the mascara. I have never seen that before... lol~ :X

This is how my eyelashes look with the mascara. It looks the same as if I didn't curl my eyelashes... lol~


Couple of weeks ago I went to Target and they had a special. If you buy CoverGirl LashBlast Luxe Mascara, you get a free one eyeshadow from CoverGirl. At first, I wasn't going to buy it but this special was cheaper than just buying the mascara *sigh*. The mascara itself was $6.79 or $6.99 (I can't recall) ,and the special was $6.39 plus the free eyeshadow. I just couldn't resist... hehe~ I also picked an eyeshadow color I don't have in my collection. I'm actually proud of myself widening my range of color. The question is can I make this work for me... hehe~ :X
Now on my opinion on this mascara.
Product Review: CoverGirl LashBlast Luxe Mascara in 840 Black Platinum

Where can you purchase this: a lot of places from Walgreens to Target
Price: around $7 ($6.99 at most places)

The colors available: black platinum, black cabernet, black royale, black emerald

Description on the back: Get a blast of volumized lashes with a hint of luxurious shimer with the biggest brush EVER from CoverGirl! LashBlast's volume-boosting forumula and BIG BRUSH give you big, bold luxurious lashes.
* Removes easily with soap and water.
* Hypoallergenic & suitable for contact lens wearers.
* Discard bottle cap. Replace with brush and close cap completely before first use.

My thoughts: I cannot compare this to CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara since I haven't used that product. I will only give my opinion on this mascara from what I noticed. I've been using this mascara for two weeks now. I have some likes and dislikes. I was hoping to see some shimmer on my eyelashes but I never noticed it until one day in my car. I looked in the mirror and saw some sparkles, but not to the point of it being noticeable.

Pros:
* The thick wand makes it easy to use.
* The wand never touches the lids of my eyes putting mascara on it.
* I see slight shimmer outdoors in the sun (very slight).
* The color of the packaging, pink, is pretty.

Cons:
* It's not water-proof.
* Doesn't completely hold my curl. I see it fall a bit but not a lot.
* I don't see shimmer indoors.

Would I buy this again? If they come out with a water-proof, I might try that. Other than that, not really. I'm going to try the CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara next (need to wait about 3 months though).

Rating: 3/5 Tobey's Paws

Here's a picture of the first time applying the mascara on my eyelashes.
How it looks on me after a week of using this mascara.



Before I self-taught myself how to knit, I actually self-taught how to crochet (I learned from books and the internet). I made a blanket for my niece when she was a baby, she's 5 now (wow time sure flies). I wanted to go back to crocheting because of the cute amigurumi dolls I've been seeing recently. Of course, I had to refresh my memory with basic stitches... hehe~ The first project I made, which was this past weekend, was a cell phone accessory.
I made the blue one, my favorite color, first and then realized it doesn't fit my pink cell phone... lol~ So I made a pink one next.

What do you think? Did I do a good job crocheting?

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

29 comments:

izumi said...

thanks for the heads up ^^ i keep hearing such great things about maybellne mascaras! maybe you should try one of those next :)

Unknown said...

This mascara doesn't seem to do much, does it? The regular lashblast is better, I guess. I don't use Lashblast anymore as it is quite heavy.

Anonymous said...

of course you did a good job, aly! i don't even remember how to freaking knit! it's been like 10 or more years since i've done that!!! crazy! i'm gonna send yoru stuff off friday =)

Vanessa M. said...

hmm i guess im not 100% sure if i want it or not lol mayeb when its time for a new mascara ill get one just for kix :) i love you rlittle heartsBTW

Kasumi said...

aww the hearts are absolutely adorable!
it's better what i can do a measly circle lol.

AskMeWhats said...

Being able to knit is PURE TALENT! :)
Girl, your lashes are naturally gorgeous and long!!! lucky you!!! I can't use Lash Blast or any non waterproof mascara for the weather down here :) thanks for the review!

Stephy said...

awww it sux that the lash blast luxe mascara isnt too great! i LOVEEE the original lash blast (waterproof)!!! it's the only mascara that holds the curls, volumizes, AND lengthens!!! it even beats diorshow iconic! u should really try it! :)

Yumeko said...

u bought a blue eyeshadow woooo
i look forward to ur looks!

cute heart!

watercoloursky said...

Thanks for the mascara review! I haven't been keeping up to date with CG's mascaras but I may go back to them once my current ones expire. I used to really like the LashExact.

Mona said...

i like your lil heart for the cell phone very cute!

the mascara looks really light!

paperdollrevenge said...

Your crocheted cell phone heart is soooo cute!

I have stubborn, straight lashes too...it's so disappointing when I use a mascara and it doesn't hold curl! The CG one is cute in its pink tube...I hope they come out with a waterproof one!

Jo said...

i wanna learn how to crochet =( i've tried and failed time and time again so i give up!

i wanted to try that covergirl mascara. i thought it was the waterproof version but i guess not. didn't know it's supposed to have 'shimmer'. great review =)

JANE said...

I can't use mascara without using primer first - it makes a HUGE difference for me. You should definitely try the Shiseido mascara base (if you haven't already) - it works wonders!

Regarding knitting and crocheting - I'm completely opposite. I used to know how to knit but I don't remember anything. Whether it's knitting or crocheting, it's with yarn right? So what's important is the final product :)

I can see you making really cute stuff cause I've seen your arm warmers and they're awesome work!

Anonymous said...

I have to use waterproof mascaras too. I liked the original LashBlast waterproof but I have yet to try this one!! Maybe I'll wait until they come out with a waterproof version..lol

Love the cute little hearts you made! Can't wait to see what else you'll make!

kawaiikao said...

thanks for the review and those hearts are cute!

paperdollrevenge said...

Aw thanks sweetie, it took me so long to do...sometimes I wish I had more makeup items so it could be faster!

Btw...I love your eyelash close up pics!

And...I gave you an award on my blog. It's more like a tag, so if you have time check it out! =)

Shen said...

love this post.. i agree that lashblast doesn't hold curl ver well but it will do. :)

hei, i'm having a contest, hope you'll join. :)

Unknown said...

Hey can you teach me to crochet one of those? Dude I would love to make a pink heart one for my cellie! You could teach me one weekend, then afterward hit up a MAC counter and then grub. Hmm sounds like a good plan to me, what about you? :D

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

the cell phone crochet accessory is very cute - def good job! I hate it when i buy a mscara and it doesnt work >_< I cant live without my lash primer though cos its the thing that hold my lashes up. I know the mascara itself will weigh my lashes >_<

Ahleessa said...

Tracy: I'll just make you one... hehe~ If you want to learn how to crochet or knit, I'll definitely teach you.

It sounds like a date!... yippie~ :)

Jamilla Camel said...

Don't bother with Lash Blast!! I'm throwing mine away--see my review:

http://makeupforprofessionalasianwomen.blogspot.com/

Cute crochet goodies!

Bijin Blair said...

Very cute charm!!! You definitely did a good job haha

Fabuless Beauty said...

So you aren't the only one that didn't see any shimmer in CG Lashblast Luxe.

miemiemie said...

i hate how mascaras can weigh down curled lashes..too bad the pink tube looks better than the old lashblast..hehe and promos like that are so tempting haha i remember walmart had one on the maybelline mascaras and eyeshadow promo and i didn't buy it because the eyeshadow colors weren't my type..

and cool cellphone charm, you are so neat. i could never be that patient to do anything on my own..haha that small charm i can't do, what more a blanket? omg haha

Ahleessa said...

Blair: Thank you for the compliment! I also want to thank you for being a consistent commenter! :)

Unknown said...

I just stop using this and switch to Revitalash mascara so far its doing good!

Ahleessa said...

Laura: Thank you for commenting! I will look into Revitalash mascara! :)

andrea said...

Seductive eyes start with the lashes...Many thanks to Revitalash for giving me great looking lashes.

amanda said...

High definition and luscious volume only from Revitalash. The newest evolution in lash and brow enhancement gives you longer, fuller-looking lashes and brows without a prescription! Just so effective that I wanted to share my great experience to everybody.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...