Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chicken with Potatoes, Carrots, and Onions (dak do-ri-tang) and Day at Sephora

I promised a reader, Emily, I would post this recipe. I didn't forget... hehe~ Sorry it took so long to post this! At least you have it now... hehe~ :)

If you need some guidance with the ingredients, you can check my Korean Cooking 101. ;)

Ingredients:
chicken
potato
carrots
onions
soy sauce
water
chopped garlic
pinch of black pepper
1 spoonful of sugar
2-3 spoonful of red pepper powder

Step 1:
I usually take off the skin of the chicken, but it is up to the person making it. You don't have to if you don't want to. Put the chicken in the pot with cut potatoes, carrots, and onions. It is up to the cook if s/he wants a lot of vegetables or not.

Step2:
In a bowl, I make the soy sauce mixture. I dilute the soy sauce with water. I cannot tell you the exact amount but my guess would be 1: 2 ratio (1 c. soy sauce: 2 c. water). I do this part by look... lol~ Then I add chopped garlic, pinch of black pepper, and sugar. The sugar adds a ting of sweetness in the chicken. I would say about a spoonful of sugar or so depending on your taste.
Once you got your soy sauce mixture, add 2-3 spoonful of red pepper powder.

Step 3:
Now put the sauce mixture in the pot with the chicken. Turn on the stove to high. Once it starts boiling, you can turn it to low. The cooking process should take 30-45 minutes. Make sure you check on the chicken 2 or 3 times by mixing it with a spoon. It will also spread the sauce to the vegetables on top.
Once you're done, you can eat with rice and kim-chi! :)


Yesterday, I spent a day with my makeup buddy. One of the things we wanted to do was go check out the makeover at Sephora. She did the skin and I did the color. I had one of the nicest makeup artist ever! She was friendly, bubbly, and extremely helpful. She told me step by step what she was doing, as well as, gave me techniques I never thought of. I thought I'll spread some of the techniques I learned... hehe~

* Apply UDPP on your lips. It will fill the lines on the lips, conceal, and it will help the lipstick stay on longer.
* If you want glitter affect on your eyelashes, apply mascara and then glitter eyeliner on top of the mascara. With the glitter eyeliner, put spots on different areas of the eyelashes. It will make your eyelashes sparkle.

These are the ones I have never heard of and thought it might help some readers reading my blogs... hehe~ :)

After the makeover, she gave us two sample bags. I think we were only suppose to get one but I'm not too sure. See how nice she is! :) I'll show you what were in the sample bags... hehe~
Boscia cleansing gel and moisturizer.
Juice Beauty cleansing gel, moisturizer, and blemish serum.
OleHenriksen eye cream and serums.
LaVanila body butter and perfume.
Caudalie shower gels.
Skyn cream.
Tarte face primer.
Jurlique eye makeup remover.
Korres cream.
Nuts cream perfume.
The one that I was excited about was the Sephora mirror... woo hoo~ :)


Since we were at the mall, we checked out other stores. I bought couple of things. :X
MAC Cremesheen lipgloss in Petite Indulgence. I'm starting to wander off from light pink lipstick/gloss to middle-Barbie pink lipstick/glosses... woo hoo~
Another headband accessory from Forever 21. :X


Diana from Paper Doll Revenge asked me to show a picture of MAC "Love Rock" blush on my cheeks (click here to see my post on the blush).
Here's how it looks on me... hehe~

18 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Thank you for the recipe!! I can't wait to get home to make it. After two weeks in Detroit, I am dying to eat Asian food!

beeyoutiful7 said...

sigh*..
I have a bad memory with dakdoritang... I accidently put like a gallon of vinegar instead of water..and made everyone cry...LOL.

But I will look at this recipe CAREFULLY and try again =)

Wish me luck

xoxo

miRaCLe said...

alright! the chicken looks so yummyyy! and i love potato! hahahs :p

thanks for sharing the tips! :D i love friendly SA who give tips heheh
so much sample gifts!! ^^ cool!
The MAC petite indulgence looks so sweet! but i just cant stand lipgloss stickiness on my lips :(
another nice headband!! why is singapore's F21 do not have nice headband! :'(

cute blush on your cheeks! :))

fuzkittie said...

Wow love rock is super cute!! :D Great samples you got~~ And the lip gloss is really cute. I've been getting into more bright pinks too!! Haha.

Kasumi said...

i went to pick up my samples too! I wish I had a makeup buddy!
wow that dish looks so yummy. I'm drooling as we speak lol
that is so cuteee!

AskMeWhats said...

wow your eye make up on the "blush" photo IS HOT HOT HOT!!! :)

Thanks for the food recipe, I am so salivating, I just had Korean food over the weekend with mom, I can't get enough!

kawaiikao said...

dang! you guys got hooked up with sample baggies!! love that cremesheen color!!

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

OMG that dish looks really yummy!!

nice sephora haul, the blush looks lovely on you!!

Yumeko said...

nice3 samples! u going to show us a pic of u in the bow? super cute!

Bijin Blair said...

I really love seeing your recipes and headbands! The huger the bow the cuter!

Yay for another Idol fan! We can compare notes weekly hahaha. Yep, I like Adam the most, followed by Kris.

I just launched my blog on Wed or Thurs, maybe that's why you didn't know. I'm glad that you stopped by =)

Kasumi said...

lol I wish! I'd be standing in that line to get her autograph! I'd be the first one there!

K said...

That looks so yummy! I'm hooked onto Korean food since I moved to Kobe (large Korean populations in this part of Japan)!

Tammy said...

I completely forgot to go to Sephora on Sat..look at all of those samples!! yay!!

Kimberly said...

god i love your recipes, seriously.... you need to type them all up with your fotos and make us recipe books, I would sooo buy one from you.

i effing love cooking new dishes, and you always inspire me. THANK YOU for sharing girl!

Anonymous said...

The food looks yummy, thanks for the recipe.

You got some great samples and that blush looks lovely on you!

Jnie said...

Omg...I'm really going to try this one, I have all the ingredients.

Ooh...Caramel is wearing a doggy jacket. It was raining that day but they wanted to play outside.

paperdollrevenge said...

Ohhh yay! Love Rock looks so pretty on you! And your blog always makes me hungry! Wow your Sephora MUA hooked you up with samples, how fun!

Whitney & the full effect said...

omg love rock looks simply gorgeous on u!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...