Tuesday, June 5, 2012

L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Stick in Rose Taffeta

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money except jewelry. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I saw these at Target, and it intrigued me! I believe they're the newest lipsticks from L'oreal. Unfortunately, I have not seen these other than Target. I'm sure it will take some time before they carry them.

Product Review: L'oreal Colour Riche Caresse Stick in #174 Rose Taffeta

Where to purchase: ULTA, drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at lorealparisusa.com
Price: $7.99 for 2.9 g/ 0.1 oz

Made in USA

Thoughts: I don't know where to start with these *sigh*! First of all, they're not even listed on the L'oreal USA website. So I went to my second hope the Target website. Unfortunately, that's having issues. I know they were listed last week when I saw it online. I guess I'll just go into the review.
The packaging is a simple, plastic, shiny gold with the swatch of the color in the middle. I definitely think the swatch of the color in the middle is true to color. One thing I did not like about the packaging is that it's cheap. While looking at the lipsticks at Target, I noticed cracks and scratch marks on the cover. That's not a very good first impression. Thankfully mine doesn't have any scratch or crack marks. Another thing I did not like about the packaging is that it grabs fingerprints so easily. Just slightly touching and then lifting my finger, I noticed fingerprints. Then again is packaging so important?

It has a strong scent. It's very fruity, but I'm not too sure how to pinpoint the scent. From my experience, all L'oreal lipsticks have scent. They do not bother me. I actually don't mind and this is one of them. After you apply the lipstick on your lips, I can smell it for a good 15 minutes, but then again I'm pretty sensitive to smell. I'm sure most people will forget the scent after a minute or two.
This is how the lipstick looks in natural light.
Here's a swatch of the color. For some reason, it came out sheerer than it really is.
Here's how Rose Taffeta looks on me.

The lipstick is very creamy. It glides on your lips, and it feels very smooth. It's also very opaque. I think it's very true to the swatch of the color on the packaging. Unlike a lot of lipsticks, it has a shiny texture. I would have to say it's a mixture between lipstick and lipgloss. It also feels good and slightly moisturizes your lips.

I've also heard they compared this lipstick to Revlon Lip Butters. I own quite a lot of lip butters and have to say they're very similar. I don't see any differences between them other than I think these Caresse Stick are a little bit more opaque. I would recommend both or at least try both. :)

Pros:
* L'oreal; a brand I trust.
* Color on the packaging true to color of lipstick.
* Fruity scent.
* Creamy.
* Smooth texture.
* Color is opaque.
* Shiny.

Cons:
* Cheap packaging.
* Easily cracks and get scratch marks.
* Easily leaves fingerprints.
* Scent can be overbearing.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other L'Oreal products reviewed/swatch:
HIP Metallic Shadow Duo
Lash Architect Waterproof
Volume Shocking Mascara


My friend gifted me this earrings.
I love them! They're so fun, cute, and just simple. The thing is I did not know Disney carries jewelries for adults!?!? Am I the only one who didn't know that?

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money except jewelry. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

1 comment:

The Beauty and The Business said...

So my question is how moisturizing is this? I have pretty chapped lips and I need to use products that moisturize my lips but add a little color

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...