Thursday, December 9, 2010

Make Up For Ever HD Blush in Nip Slip

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I bought two MUFE blushes during the Sephora Friends & Family sale. I think it's about time I review one of them... hehe~

Product Review: Make Up For Ever High Definition Blush in #5 Nip Slip

Where can you purchase this: Sephora and Sephora website
Price: $25 for 0.33 fl oz/10mL (I got mine 20% off during the sale)

Made in France

Description on the back: HD Complexion Collection was developed using high performance formulas to create a new generation of make up invisible to high definition cameras and the naked eye.

HD Microfinish Blush is a cream blush that naturally sculpts and highlights the cheeks for a healthy glow. Sericite and cellulose powder create a "soft focus" effect for a radiant complexion. Its ultra-fine, second skin texture blends seamlessly and glides on effortlessly for an easy application. Formulated with specially selected pigments, HD Microfinish Blush comes in a range of pure, luminous colors.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
My thoughts: I've been wanting this since it came out, but I guess not enough since I held out for the sale... hehe~ :X My first initial reaction is "Hot dang it's so small!" I mean I saw this at the Sephora in the past, but I never realized it was that small. Either I'm not observant or I'm going crazy. It can go both ways... lol~ :X
I like the idea it comes in a pump! Most cream blushes I have seen comes in a container or in a tube like NYC cream blushes. The idea of using a pump makes me realize how sanitary this product is. That's one good thing about this product, but on the other hand, you don't have the choice of how much you use the product... hehe~ It might bother some people, but it actually doesn't bother me... hehe~ I haven't had bad experience yet. :X
On the website, they say the color is neutral pink. I have to agree and it's a gorgeous pink. I love that it doesn't have sparkles or metallic color to it. It's good to have mixture of blushes and I needed some cream blushes with no extra shine... hehe~
Here's how the blush looks on me. Please excuse my bad quality of picture taking... hehe~ :X For some reason, I can't seem to get the true colors of the blushes and lip products on camera. If you have any suggestion, please tell me! :)

I also think these type of blushes are more for normal to dry skin people. If you have oily skin, I don't think any cream products will last a long time. Since I have dry skin, these blushes last all day for me... wheee~

Pros:
* Cute packaging.
* It comes in a pump making it sanitary.
* Love the color!
* Easy to apply on the cheeks.
* It last all day for me.

Cons:
* Pretty small.
* You don't have a choice of how much the product will pump.
* If you have oily skin, I don't suggest cream blushes.

Would I buy this again: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Make Up For Ever products reviewed/swatch:
HD Foundation
HD Primer


Speaking of cream blushes, I bought two more N.Y.C Creme Stick several months ago. I also did a review on these blushes.
I bought one in #644U Plaza Pink.
The other one I bought is in #645U Big Apple Blush.
Here are the swatches from left to right. The left one is Plaza Pink, the middle is Big Apple Blush, and I decided to compare to my first one I bought in Pink Flash.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

20 comments:

Vanessa M. said...

that looks good! idk if im too oily for something like that?

Madz said...

That MUFE pink blush looks great on you, no kidding! Sadly I don't think it would suit me since I have oily skin.

Denysia Yu said...

Awwww... The Chococat watch looks cute! :)

amynaree said...

i still need to get those cute watches from mc d's before it's all gone! the blush look cute on you, unfortunately i have oily skin so i guess i should stick with powder blushes hehe

Gaby Fauchon said...

Awww you're tempting me with those N.Y.C Creme Stick Blushes... they look amazing! The only cream blush I have is from NYX and I find it a little hard to work with it, but maybe I just need to get used to it?

NicRTV (陳亞任) said...

Nice Review...makes me want it now...lol....

kawaiikao said...

haha i have TWO of the chococat! i'm STILL looking for keroppi :[

Fruity Lashes said...

yay for MUFE! it looks really pretty on you!

Jenni said...

thanks for the review! these days i'm slowly getting into cream blushes too :D guess they're more fun to work with than powder blushes XD

Shop N' Chomp said...

Seems like every girl who's blogged about these watches is on the hunt for the Hello Kitty one. I hope you get it! :) I love the blush on you. I'm a sucker for pink...hee hee. Are any of those N.Y.C Creme Stick shades still available or were they LE? I only got it in Wild Berry. :\

(Haha...I'm sure :P)

Jannie said...

LOL. oh, i thought you got the hard candy double ended cream stick blush too. speaking of blush, the MUFE one looks pretty on you. actually, i like the quality of the pic you took of yourself. the lighting is gorgeous. gives your skin an angelic glow. :)

that's neat how the MUFE blush has a pump. i wish more cream/liquid blushes would have that. it's easier to dispense.

haha... the chococat watch. it's actually cute. i think it will go with a lot of other accessories and outfits. justin said (he's an expert when it comes to the order of how they give out happy meal prizes. LOL.) they probably might've given hello kitty out first when the watches were newly released. i don't know though. my hopes for her are up a little bit. i got my melody. i like it because it's pink. i might wear it to work. lol.

the big apple blush looks pretty too. i've seen it at walmart, but i haven't picked it up yet. actually, the ones in my area are kinda smashed up. customers must've recklessly swatched them. hahaha... you're lucky you got pink flash. that is GORGEOUS. :)

Jenni said...

i have yet to find a recipe for kimchi, lol......will start googling it now!

Radiant Make Up said...

Great review, I've heard alot about both of these :)
they look gorgeous on your skin tone!! x

Shop N' Chomp said...

Wild Berry is bright =)

Jannie said...

hey, no worries about the phone dying. i knew it was coming. it happens to mine sometimes too. lol.

at walmart or other stores i've been to that have them, people still break in the blushable cream stick package. i guess they'll do anything to get a swatch. haha... poor stick. one of them was actually crushed. that's a waste of good product right there.

as for the hard candy one, the colors could've been pretty. it's just too bad the reviews were bad. yeah, we can hold off on them. i heard hard candy has new concealer as well, but it's not really long-wearing. i'll hold off on that too. lol.

ooh. we just came from ulta today. the other stila around the world palettes are there. pretty much the only ones left are fiji and tokyo. i picked up tokyo. i really like the convertible color on it. :)

about the compliment on your picture, you are welcome. :) your skin looks amazing and radiant. :D

it was fun talking to you last night. :D

Kalmo said...

Thanks for the thorough review. The MUFE blush is such a lovely shade of pink, the blush is pretty on you too. Love the Chococat watch!

I have some wash off Cosline masks.

Aradani said...

chococat watch at McD's?? say what??? I havent stepped into McDonalds in so long but now I just might.
The blush looks gorgeous! Too bad I fall in the category of oily. I'll console myself by reminding myself that I don't need more blushes.

Aradani said...

lol yeah, the doodle is my own. Immoral and All Nighter look really similar in the pan. In a swatch, it's easy to see that All Nighter has golden shimmer and Immoral is matte. Both are similar oranges. All Nighter is a bit redder than Immoral. But when you put it on, All Nighter requires a much lighter hand than Immoral. If you applied the same of amount of both to different cheeks, Immoral will come out like a flush and All Nighter will come out like a splotch on your face. I prefer Immoral to All Nighter, but I still love All Nighter. lol I hope that was enough of an answer

DinaXYYan said...

The blush shows up really nice on your cheek! Thanks for the review :)

Anonymous said...

They give you the prettiest flush! if only the NYC cremesticks were available in jp or UK (might be overpriced in jp actually lol)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...