Friday, April 27, 2018

L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick in Box O Chocolate (Chocolate Scented)

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I purchased one of the newest liquid lipsticks from L'Oreal at my nearest Target.

This is L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick in #852 Box O Chocolate. Since I did a thorough review of L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick in #354 Nudist, I will base this on that.

DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, ISODODECANE NYLON-611/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, C30-45 ALKYLDIMETHYLSILYL POLYPROPYLSILSESQUIOXANE, LAUROYL LYSINE ALUMINA SILICA SILYLATE PHENOXYETHANOL, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, COLOPHONIUM / ROSIN COLOPHANE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, LIMONENE PARAFFIN, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

[+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES CI 15850 / RED 7 CI 15850 / RED 6 CI 17200 / RED 33 LAKE CI 45380 / RED 22 LAKE CI 45410 / RED 28 LAKE CI 15850 / RED 7 LAKE CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 LAKE CI 77120 / BARIUM SULFATE CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE] FIL CODE B217423/1


Here's a list of ingredients.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the doe foot applicator.
Here's a swatch of the liquid lipstick on my hand.
Here's how it looks on me.
Here's an overall look on me. I have Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eye Shadow Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It smells like cocoa more so than chocolate to me. Yes, I know they smell similar but they do smell different. I just sniffed the product and it smells more like chocolate. It's interesting the scent is slightly different applied than in the packaging. With that said, the scent doesn't last that long on the lips. I would say around a minute. It's doable. Secondly, I like the packaging. I've always been a fan of L'Oreal liquid lipsticks packaging. I like that the top is brown to match with the theme of chocolate. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. The packaging has a slight curve making it easy to grab with one hand. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Also, the doe foot applicator has a curve with a sharp tip. The tip makes it easy to outline the lips and the curve fill in the remaining. There's a dip in the center. It grabs the lip product when you pull out of the tube. For this reason, you don't need to re-dip. Third, the consistency is medium. It's not thin like a lot of liquid lipsticks. It's more a lipstick in a liquid form if that makes sense. With that said, it's gentle on the lips. It does not tug. It goes on creamy and leaves a nice, smooth texture. It does take some effort to dry. I would say about several minutes. Once it dries, it won't move. I tried removing with micellar water and it would not budge whatsoever. I had to rub toughly for it to come off my lips. Since it's a liquid lipstick, I highly recommend exfoliating and hydrating before you apply the liquid lipstick. It will show all the imperfections and fall in-between the lines. Thankfully, this wasn't as bad as other liquid lipsticks. It showed the fine lines but not the deep. I'm not too sure if it has to do with hydrating before applying the liquid lipsticks. It had slight stickiness but not to the point it bothered me. Fourth, the color is pretty. It has a slight purple with the brown. Depending on the day and what I'm wearing, there are times I like the color and times I don't. This particular day I wasn't a fan. It might be because I wore a pink top. The cool tone made the purplish-brown look sickly on me. I definitely want to try it with other colored tops. I see this perfect for fall and winter season. Pigmentation-wise I was impressed. It's not the most pigmented but it is up there. Lastly, it lasted longer than my meal. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth after I eat. It did not come off at all. It did get kind of clumpy towards the end of the day especially in the center of the lips. I wasn't a fan. I recommend with this product to apply a thin layer for it not to clump. With that said, it's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I got to try this product. It's nice but I have mix feelings about the color on me.

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Smells like cocoa.
* Scent isn't overwhelming and doesn't last long.
* Brown top to match with the theme of chocolate.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Top is sturdy; feel a tight seal when open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to grab with one hand; slight curve packaging.
* Easy to outline the lips and fill in the remaining.
* Don't need to re-dip into the tube.
* Medium consistency.
* More a lipstick in a liquid form.
* Gentle on the lips; does not tug.
* Goes on creamy.
* Leaves a nice, smooth texture.
* Shows the fine lines but not the deep.
* Great for fall and winter season.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying at all.
* Lasted all day.

Cons:
* Does take several minutes to dry.
* Slight stickiness.
* Got clumpy especially in the center of the lips.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other L'Oreal products reviewed/swatch:
Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lip Lacquer
Colour Riche Caresse Stick
Colour Riche Eye Shadow Smokey Eyes
Colour Riche Glossy Balm
Colour Riche La Lacque
Colour Riche La Palette
Colour Riche Le Matte
HIP Metallic Shadow Duo
Shocked
Infallible Paints/Lips Mattes
Festival
Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick
Nudist
Infallible Pro Matte Gloss
La Palette Lip
Lash Architect Waterproof
Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
Volume Shocking Mascara
Voluminous Million Lashes
Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...