Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The Body Shop Body Butter in Frosted Berries

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

This past Christmas 2016, my friend gifted me some products from The Body Shop.

I took this picture from my Instagram. For this post, I will review the body butter on the left.
This is The Body Shop Body Butter in Frosted Berries. This is a limited edition for last holiday season. Since I did a thorough review of The Body Shop Body Butter in Cranberry, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the body butter.
Here's a swatch on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it smells like berries. I'm not too sure why there's the name frosted. There is nothing frosted about this product. With that said, this smells really good. It has to be one of my favorite smells from The Body Shop. Now that I smelled The Body Shop Shower Gel in Frosted Cranberry, I can definitely tell the difference in smell. I'm guessing The Body Shop Body Butter in Frosted Cranberry smelled the same as the shower gel. If that is the case, I think Frosted Berries is better personally. Secondly, I've always been a fan of the packaging. It's simple and sturdy. My favorite part is knowing I have space to put my hand in the container. I know it's not the most sanitary-safe but when it comes to body products, I'm not that careful compared to my face. I just make sure my hands are clean before I use the product. I also like that it has sturdy top. It's easy to open and close manually. I cannot see it break or open unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is in-between medium to thick. Compared to summer body butters, it's thicker. When I first applied this product, I had to soften the body butter from the heat of my hand. I don't mind swirling my fingers into the product until it softens. It's kind of relaxing and soothing to the brain or at least it is to me. Once I get half-way, the consistency is creamier and softer. For that reason, I think this particular body butter is better for someone with normal to dry skin. It might be too thick for oily skin individuals. Once I apply onto my skin, I massage it until it melts and leaves a nice smooth texture. Since I have dry skin, it melts easily and quickly. My skin feels soft, smooth, and there's no greasiness to this product. Fourth, I'm not too sure why this product is only available during the holidays only. Maybe it's the word frosted but I can see myself wear this all year round. It's spring and I'm loving this body butter. Lastly, it lasts all day on me. To be honest, I don't need to re-apply at all. I apply once and it lasts until my next shower. The best part it hydrates my dry skin throughout all season.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Body Shop products reviewed/swatch:
 Body Butter
Body Scrub
Passion Fruit
Down To Earth Eyeshadow Quad
Gold
Duo Eyeshadow
#02
Eye Colour Stick
Nevada Gold
Eye Lustre Liner
Hand Protector
Hemp
On A Rope Soap
Hemp
Shade Adjusting Drops
Shower Cream
Shea

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...