Friday, April 28, 2017

The Body Shop Matte Lipstick in Honolulu Pink

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive some products from The Body Shop.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed The Body Shop Down To Earth Eyeshadow Quad in Gold (top right) and The Body Shop Eye Colour Stick in Nevada Gold (middle right). For this post, I will review the lipstick on the top middle.
Product Review: The Body Shop Matte Lipstick in #420 Honolulu Pink

Where to purchase: The Body Shop and online at thebodyshop.com
Price: $12.50 for 4.1 g/0.14 oz

Made in Thailand

Description from the website: Show your true colors this party season with our bold new Matte Lipstick. Made with high-purity pigments, our 100% vegetarian, true-matte lipsticks are enriched with Community Trade Brazil Nut Oil and beeswax for nourishing, long-lasting finish.

* Lipstick
* Formulated with high-purity pigments for intense color
* Nourishing, long-lasting finish
* Enriched with Community Trade Brazil Nut Oil and beeswax
* 100% vegetarian
Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis Seed Oil/Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Triethylhexanoin, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Mica, Cera Microcristallina/Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcristalline, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire dÕabeille, Isononyl Isononanoate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera Oil/Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Citronellol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal. [+/- CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 45410/Red 28 Lake, CI 15850/Red 7 Lake, CI 15985/Yellow 6 Lake, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15850/Red 6, CI 45380/Red 22 Lake, CI 77499/Iron Oxides].
Thoughts: When I received this lipstick, I was excited. I love matte lipsticks but I'm going to be honest. I wasn't too excited about the color. I'm not a pink person, but I decided to try it because you never know.
Here's a closer look at the color. I apologized for the quality of the picture. When I took it, it looked nice through the view of the camera. When I saw the picture on my computer, it wasn't that great and I already used the lipstick. I try to take pictures of new products not used, but you get an idea of the color.
Here's a swatch of the lipstick on my hand.
Here's how the lipstick looks on my lips.
Here's an overall look with Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow in Smoky Storm on my eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying but I did notice a scent couple of seconds after applying. It smells fruity and eventually the smell goes away. I just sniffed the product and yup, it smells fruity. I actually like the smell. Secondly, the packaging is nice. I like the simple design. It's matte black with a simple pink on the top. The pink tells you the color of the lipstick. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them apart. Not only that, it's sturdy and well-made. The top is also sturdy. It makes a noise when you take and put the top back on, and you can feel a slight push. With that said, I cannot see the top come off unless you open it manually. I also cannot see it break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is creamy and just glides on. It does not tug on the lips. I have tried matte lipsticks that do not look matte, but this actually does. Not only that, it doesn't even feel like you're wearing lipstick. There's no stickiness and also that creaminess you feel when you apply something on your lips. I even feel that slight creamy texture with lip balms. There's nothing with this lipstick. It feels like liquid lipsticks, in the sense, that the product have melted into your lips. I hope that makes sense. With that said, it's easy to apply. The sharp tip makes it easy to outline the lips and the flat tip for the remaining of the lips. It also goes on smoothly and does not show the thick lines. It does show the fine lines of the lips but in the pretty way. Fourth, I actually ended up liking the color! I'm not a pink person. I prefer my warm tones than cool, but this color isn't pink pink. It's more of a pink orange and it matches my skin tone. I can see myself wearing this often during this spring/summer season. With that said, it's pigmented but not strongly. It's definitely not sheer. It's a decent medium pigmentation. Lastly. it even lasted after eating and drinking. That's pretty impressive I must say for a lipstick. Since I have a tendency to wipe my mouth after I eat, most lipsticks and even liquid lipsticks come off in some sense. This didn't even though it's not transfer-proof. The lipstick does come off if I rub my lips with tissue paper. It's also not drying. It's comfortable and I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips.

Pros:
* Smells fruity.
* Simple design with a logo of the lipstick color; can distinguish the colors.
* Sturdy and well-made.
* Sturdy top with a tight seal.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy consistency.
* Glides on.
* Doesn't tug on the lips.
* Doesn't feel like you're wearing lipstick.
* No stickiness.
* Easy to apply.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Do not express the thick lines on the lips.
* Gorgeous pink orange color.
* Great spring/summer color.
* Pigmented.
* Not drying.
* Comfortable.
* Lasted all day on me.

Cons:
* Shows the fine lines if you're not into this.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Body Shop products reviewed/swatch:
 Body Butter
Body Scrub
Passion Fruit
Down To Earth Eyeshadow Quad
Gold
Duo Eyeshadow
#02
Eye Colour Stick
Nevada Gold
Eye Lustre Liner
Hand Protector
Hemp
On A Rope Soap
Hemp
Shade Adjusting Drops
Shower Cream
Shea
Shower Gel
Frosted Cranberry

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...