Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow in Smoky Storm

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In January 2017, ULTA had an online 20% off sale. I purchased some products that I've been wanting to try.
Here's my haul. For this post, I will review Stila product in the middle.

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, and online at stilacosmetics.com
Price: $24 for 0.153 fl oz/ 4.5 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package:
Benefits:
* Long-wearing sparkle eye shadow
* The perfect mix of pearl and glitter for maxed out shimmer
* Lightweight, water-infused formula locks in sparkle for minimal fallout
Ingredients:
INGREDIENTS/INGRÉDIENTS: WATER/AQUA/EAU, MICA (CI 77019), ALUMINUM CALCIUM SODIUM SILICATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, SQUALANE, POLYSORBATE 60, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, GLYCERIN, TRIETHANOLAMINE, CARBOMER, SILICA. (+/-) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), TIN OXIDE (CI 77861).
Thoughts: I kept hearing such great reviews on these products on Instagram. I was intrigued and I love my shiny eyeshadows. For that reason, I decided to try one.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the eyeshadow on my hand.
Here's how it looks on me. I blended with MAC in Mulch on the crease and outer v.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with The Body Shop lipstick I will review soon.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. With that said, I felt a slight refreshing feel while sniffing. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's sturdy and well-made. There's no scratches and fingerprints. I just noticed there's a lot of space from the inside container to the see through outside packaging. It makes me wonder if the space is there to keep the product moist and not to dry out. If it is, it's a genius idea. If not, then I'm not too sure why it's bulky. Either way, it's fine since the product is light-weight and easy to grab with your hand. The top is also sturdy. It has a tight seal. You can feel the slight push opening and closing the top. I cannot see the packaging opening or breaking unless you are extremely rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. The applicator is also unique. It actually reminds me more of a lip product than an eyeshadow. It's flat on both sides which makes it easy to apply onto the eyelids. Third, the consistency is creamy and it glides on. It does not tug on the eyelids. With that said, it's very cooling not in the tingling sensation. It just feels refreshing which makes sense why I felt a slight cooling sensation when I smelled the eyeshadow. You do have to let it dry which doesn't take that long. Once it's dried, the metallic part does not move. The glitter, on the other hand, does move. I noticed it on my brushes and anywhere it touched. Once it's dried on the eyelids, I hardly doubt you will touch it so it's not a big deal. With that said, the metallic part is slightly thick. Since it's thick, it's hard to line the eyes with my gel eyeliner. I had to layer the eyeliner multiple times for it to show on my lids. With that said, it's easy to use. I just applied it with the doe foot applicator and blended around the edges to not look sharp. Before it dries, I recommend doing one eye at a time. Fourth, the color is pretty. This is definitely my color and it's great all year round. If you apply lightly it'll be okay during daytime. If you apply thickly, it'll be great for the night out or at parties. It's very sparkly and out there if you apply it thickly. With that said, it's pigmented and great for all skin types. Lastly, it lasted all day until I removed it at the end of the day. With that said, it's easy to remove. I just used a makeup remover. I recommend this product if you like glitters and really shiny out there eye look. I can see myself wearing it occasionally for the night out and that's about it. For that reason, I cannot see myself buying more but who knows I can change.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Sturdy and well-made packaging.
* No scratches and fingerprints.
* Light-weight and easy to grab.
* Sturdy top with a tight seal; feel slight push opening and closing.
* Travel-friendly.
* Doe foot applicator with both sides being flat; easy to apply onto the eyelids.
* Creamy consistency.
* Glides on.
* Does not tug on the lids.
* Cooling sensation.
* Dries quickly.
* Metallic part doesn't move once dried.
* Easy to use.
* Recommend doing one eye at a time.
* Gorgeous, sparkly, shiny, out there color.
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Great for all skin types.
* Lasted all day.
* Easy to remove.

Cons:
* Glitters move.
* Hard to line the eyes; metallic part is thick.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Stila products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...