Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Finesse Restore+ Strengthen Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive some Finesse hair products. You can check out the whole line on the Walgreens and Walmart websites.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I got Restore+ Strengthen Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. Before I talk about the products, let me tell you a little bit about the brand.

"A well-kept secret, Finesse products are just being discovered by the millennial and Gen Z generations. However, the brand actually launched over 30 years ago in 1982, with a commercial featuring Sharon Stone. While hairstyles, brands, and trends have come and gone, Finesse has always retained its signature creamy, highly moisturizing shampoos and conditioners, as well as its much-loved clean, fresh scent."

I took this from the press kit. They said it better than I ever could.
Product Review: Finesse Restore+ Strengthen Moisturizing Shampoo

Description from the website: Lather into something wonderful! Finesse's shampoo enriches & moisturizes hair deep down to the root leaving it smooth and easy to manage!
Ingredients:


Product Review: Finesse Restore+ Strengthen Moisturizing Conditioner

Description from the website: A moisturizing conditioner that replenishes and penetrates deep into hairs' roots. The perfect balance between softness and manageability!
Ingredients:


For both...
Where to purchase: grocery stores, Walgreens, Rite Aid, and Walmart
Price: $1.99 at Walmart to $3.00 for 13 fl oz/ 384 mL

Made in USA

Thoughts: When I heard Kim Kardashian and Kendall Jenner uses this, I said yes I need to try this product! They're the most popular thing and everyone wants to try what they uses.
Here's the opening of the shampoo.
Here's a swatch of the shampoo on a cotton pad.
Here's the opening of the conditioner.
Here's a swatch of the conditioner on a cotton pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight smell while using the products in the shower. The shampoo is stronger but not by that much. In all honesty, I don't think I would have noticed the smell if I wasn't subconsciously looking for it. That's how light the scent is. I just sniffed the products, and the shampoo smells slightly different from the conditioner. That's actually the first. From my experience, they usually smell the same. With that said, the conditioner smells slightly more fruitier than the shampoo. I prefer the smell of the conditioner but that's my personal preference. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It has a simple design and it's blue. Most people know my favorite color is blue and this is a gorgeous blue. It's very calming and I would think the color would be relaxing in the shower/bath. It's sturdy and well-made. I also like that the shampoo opening is at the top and the conditioner is at the bottom. It makes the most sense that the opening of the conditioner is at the bottom since the consistency is thicker. It's easier to squeeze, as well as, gravity helping the product flow down. Third, the consistency of the shampoo and conditioner is typical. The shampoo is in-between light to medium, whereas, the conditioner is in-between medium to thick. With that said, it's easy to use. A little goes a long way with the shampoo. I have long hair and I don't need that much to lather up. It quickly foams up and cleans my hair. The conditioner, on the other hand, I needed more than usual. I have damage hair from dying all the time. I have a tendency to apply conditioner until my hair feels soft and I can run my fingers through it. I definitely can tell I will go through the conditioner a lot faster than the shampoo. Lastly, the combination of the shampoo and conditioner softened my hair. It feels so soft and bouncy! I noticed I play with my hair a lot more than usual. It just feels nice and I haven't felt this niceness in awhile. It definitely moisturized my hair. With time, the hair got slightly healthier. I cannot wait to see the results when I'm done with these products.

Pros:
* Light scents.
* Slight fruity scent.
* Simple design on a blue packaging.
* Sturdy and well-made.
* Opening at the top for the shampoo and bottom for the conditioner.
* Consistency of the shampoo is in-between light to medium, and conditioner is in-between medium to thick.
* Little goes a long way with the shampoo.
* Shampoo lathers quickly.
* Softens the hair.
* Hair is bouncy.
* Moisturizes.
* Hair got healtier.

Cons:
* Use conditioner a lot more than usual.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...