Wednesday, January 11, 2017

bareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In May 2014, I went to my first Generation Beauty and received wonderful goodies.


I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Benefit They're Real! Mascara (middle), bareMinerals Lipstick in Make Your Move (bottom right), China Glaze in Neon & On & On (top middle), Josie Maran Model Citizen Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter (bottom left), Laneige BB Cushion (left), L.A. Girl ColorPop in Lovely (top middle), bareMinerals BareSkin Foundation in Bare Ivory (bottom right), and China Glaze in Highlight Of My Summer (top middle). I received four products from bareMinerals. I already reviewed bareMinerals Lipstick in Make Your Move (bottom right) and bareMinerals BareSkin Foundation in Bare Ivory (bottom right). For this post, I will review the primer on the left.
Product Review: bareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, department stores, and online at bareescentuals.com
Price: $25 for 30 mL/ 1 fl oz

Made in USA

Description from the package: Create an ultra silky smooth canvas and experience your most flawless foundation application ever. Prime Time Original Foundation Primer smoothes away flaky dryness, rough patches, the look of fine lines, excess oil, enlarged pores and uneven texture. Our mineral-infused formula glides on seamlessly, while helping to extend the wear of your foundation. Great for all skin types. Formulated without preservatives, oils, and fragrances.
Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Silica, Magnesium Silicate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract

Thoughts: I'm always looking for makeup primers since I have so many imperfections. I need to hide my redness, large pores, and so on.
Here's a closer look at the pump.
Here's a swatch of the primer on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and I didn't notice any scent. Secondly, I noticed from the website the design is slightly different. It's not that big of a difference but I actually like the new design. It looks more cleaner and professional looking. With that said, I love that it comes in a pump. It makes it sanitary-safe. Not only that, it's extremely travel-friendly. I cannot see it leak or even break unless you're extremely rough with the packaging. Third, the consistency is gel-like. It reminds me of Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. It has that silicone-like consistency. With that said, it leaves a nice, smooth, soft layer on top of the skin. You want the primer to lay on top of the skin rather than being absorbed. That's how it covers your imperfections like large pores. The primer prepares for the foundation, BB Cream, and so on to go on top of the primer. Also, you don't want the primer to move so the products that go on top doesn't move and last all day. Lastly and with that said, it's an alright primer. It lasts all day on me. Foundation does not rub or come off easily throughout the day. Then again, I have dry skin to start off with. Most products last longer on me than someone with oily skin. The only flaw to this primer is that it does not cover all my imperfections. It covers my dry patches, fine lines, and so on except the large pores on my nose. I see the foundation fall into the pores and looks like craters. It's not a pretty sight!

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* New design looks clean and professional looking.
* Comes with a pump; sanitary-safe.
* Travel-friendly.
* Gel, silicone-like consistency.
* Leaves a nice, smooth, soft layer on top of the skin.
* Doesn't absorb into the skin.
* Doesn't move.
* Last all day.
* Foundation lasts all day on me.
* Covers most of my imperfections.

Cons:
* Does not cover my large pores on my nose.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other bareMinerals products reviewed/swatch:
BareSkin Foundation
Bare Ivory
Moxie Lipstick
Make Your Move

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...