Monday, October 31, 2016

Manicure Monday: Lancome in Lilas Twist

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When I went to Vanity Fair for Oscar 2016 end of February, I received some products from their Social Shop.

I already reviewed Viktor & Rolf Perfume in Bonbon (dark pink box on the top left), Viktor & Rolf Perfume in Flowerbomb (light pink box on the top left), and Lancome Auda[City] in Paris Palette (bottom middle).
Here are the three polishes I received. I already reviewed Lancome in Rose Haussman (first one on the left) and Lancome in Bleu Ciel Parisien (second from the left). For this post, I will review the las polish on the right from Lancome.
This is Lancome in #396 Lilas Twist. Since I did a thorough review of Lancome in Rose Haussman, I will base this on that.
Ingredients:
BUTYL ACETATE, ETHYL ACETATE, NITROCELLULOSE, ACETYL TRIBUTYL CITRATE, TOSYLAMIDE/EPOXY RESIN, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, STEARALKONIUM BENTONITE, ROSA RUBIGINOSA SEED OIL, CORALLINA OFFICINALIS EXTRACT, DIACETONE ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, TRIMETHYLPENTANEDIYL DIBENZOATE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, OCTOCRYLENE, ADIPIC ACID/NEOPENTYL GLYCOL/TRIMELLITIC ANHYDRIDE COPOLYMER, STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER
Here's a closer look at the polish. It's a little bit darker on the nails than what is shown.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the width and the length is the same. The only difference is that Lancome is curved at the tip, whereas, OPI is straight.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X Prime Xcel Base Coat, 2 coats of Lancome in Lilas Twist, and then topped it off with Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I'm in love with the brush. It's extremely easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. If it's easy for me, it'll definitely be easy for everyone. Secondly, the consistency is on the medium. It was a good consistency where I can take my time painting without it getting lumpy, running, and so on. With that said, it went on smoothly and there were no streaking and bubbles. Third, it's a gorgeous fall and winter color. Would I say it's unique? No, you can find it in other brands but it's gorgeous nevertheless. Lastly after trying these three polishes from Lancome, I became a fan. I'm on my seventh day and there's no chipping. It looks brand new but there was a slight shrinkage on the fifth day. It's barely noticeable unless you examine is closely.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Lancome products reviewed/swatch:
Advanced Genifique
Baume In Love Sheer Tinted Lipbalm Moisture & Comfort
DreamTone
Hypnose Star Mascara
Vernis In Love Nail Polish

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...