Monday, July 27, 2015

Manicure Monday: Nonie Creme Colour Prevails in Shy Guys

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post I received. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

The last weekend of May (2015), I went to Generation Beauty. I was fortunate to receive a nail polish from Nonie Creme Colour Prevails.

Product Review: Nonie Creme Colour Prevails in Shy Guy

Where to purchase: Walgreens and online at walgreens.com
Price: $8 for 0.32 fl oz/ 9.5 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website: The Precision Painter brush has a patented, ergonomically designed handle that intuitively guides your grip for precise, professional quality application.
Thoughts: At Generation Beauty, I was fortunate to meet Nonie. She explained the shape behind the nail polish, After hearing about it, I was excited to try the polish!
Here's a closer look at the polish and it's very true to color!
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite brush (OPI), it is shorter and thinner. It's not that much shorter but it is slightly shorter. Width-wise it's very thin. Since the polish is on the thick side, the thin brush helps painting the nails.
Nonie Creme created the top so it can be easily grabbed and to make polishing steady. This would be a great concept especially for the weaker hand.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X For Sephora Base Coat, 2 coats of Nonie Creme Colour Prevails in Shy Guys, and then topped it off with Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the top of the packaging is such a creative and genius idea! When I first grabbed it before painting, I found it extremely sturdy and can see it being easy to paint the nails. It's definitely good for everyone including professionals. I also found the flat front on the bottle very useful. When I paint my nails with polish, I usually have base coat already applied. I tend to be careful when it comes to opening the bottle. The flat front makes is easy to hold onto while opening the nail polish. Secondly, I'm not too sure if it's my polish but I found the consistently on the thicker side. I wouldn't say it's completely thick but more in-between medium to think. I did notice while applying, it got thicker. When it comes to thicker polishes, I'm not very good painting around the cuticles so please forgive my picture above. I also noticed and I don't know if it's just me, but pastel polishes tend to be thicker. I'm not too sure why. Third, it goes on smoothly and there's no streaking and bubbles. I also noticed it dries quickly. Lastly, the polish lasted 4 days except certain areas. It started chipping the second day. It might be because I helped my co-worker prep a baby shower for her sister. I had to use my hands and I noticed some chips. As days went on, I noticed the chip barely increased.

Pros:
* Interesting and creative packaging.
* Easy to grasp the handle.
* Sturdy while applying.
* Easy to open the bottle; flat front.
* Goes on smoothly.
* No bubbles.
* No streaking.
* Lasted 4 days before slight chip at the tip.

Cons:
* In-between medium to thick consistency.
* Gets thicker with application.

Would repurchase; Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post I received. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...