Wednesday, July 15, 2015

June Favorites and Finished Products 2015

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is bought with my own money except Skin Food, Bory, ERA Ageless, Crown Brush, Benefit, Billion Dollar Brows, Aveeno, and Victoria's Secret. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Because of my laziness, I didn't get to do May Favorites and Finished Products. My bad!

June Favorites

Skin Food Peach Sake Sunscreen: I received this product from my sister-in-law. This is in my monthly favorites because it's extremely important to protect your skin. It's good to protect all year round even if you're only stepping outside for a minute. When it comes to sunscreen/lotion, I tend to go for Asian brands. They're much better at protecting the UVA and UVB. Most American sunscreens lay on the skin and protect the outside. It's not good internally, as well as, for the pores. For that reason, I tend to go for the Asian brands. Skin Food soaks into the skin and barely leaves a white residue. I love how my skin loves this product.

Nars Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow Palette: When this palette first came out, I couldn't forgo the money to get it. So when I saw it at The Makeup Show Los Angeles 2015 Part 2, I didn't think twice. It's gorgeous, easy to use, and leaves a glossy look. I love it!

Bory Aqua Calming Cream: I received this product in my Memebox Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize! box. I wish it was available just to purchase this product but I cannot seem to find the product itself. For someone with dry skin, this is extremely hydrating and my skin loves this product. I definitely know I cannot use this product during the dry, winter weather but it's great for spring and summer. It's extremely light and a little goes a long way. In all honesty, it reminds me of Clinque Moisture Surge except better. Clinque tends to dry my skin but this moisturizer doesn't!

Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat: I'm almost to the end of the bottle and let me tell you I love it as much as Seche Vite. It's not as quick drying as Seche Vite but it's pretty close. The reason why I like Butter London is that the topcoat doesn't dry thick until 3/4 of the bottle, whereas, Seche Vite gets thick half way through. It's just easier to work.

Kevin Aucoin The Eyelash Curler: Last year's The Makeup Show Los Angeles 2014 Part 2, I heard great things about this curler. I decided to purchase. I definitely do not regret it. The width of the curler fits my eyes better than Shu Uemura. It's extremely comfortable and leaves a gorgeous curl.


June Finished Products
ERA Ageless Complete Renew & Recharge Elastin & Beta Carotene Mask: I received the sample from a kit. The mixture of the skin care products was extremely good on my aging skin. I'm not too sure how it'll be by itself, but the mask itself is good. I wouldn't say it's better than other masks but it isn't bad. It's definitely better than a lot of masks I have tried.

Would repurchase: Maybe.

ERA Ageless Intensive Age Defying Moisture Cream: This is another sample I received in a kit. This is a good moisturizer for aging skin. It's hydrating and my skin loved this product. It sucked up the product and my skin looked more youthful.

Would repurchase: Maybe, it can be pricey.

Crown Brush Flawless Face Blender: I received this product and I will never forget it. It's the first blender sponge that got me into these type of products. It was easy to use, it didn't bleed, and most of all left a smooth canvas. I love it but unfortunately, I was extremely rough with washing as you can see above.

Would repurchase: Maybe.

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara: Thanks to PopSugar and Benefit, I was able to receive the mascara. I don't know if I would say it curled my lashes. I definitely think it's better on non-Asian lashes. When you have curled lashes naturally, it'll keep it curled. For Asian lashes that needs a curler, it was curled already. In the beginning, it was heavy and weighed my lashes down. After couple of usage, my lashes looked nice and curled. I loved how it looked after couple of usage.

Would repurchase: Maybe.

Billion Dollar Brows Universal Brow Pencil: I received this product and been using this product since I reviewed it. I know I reviewed it a long time ago. The reason why it took so long to finish this product is that I only used it on the weekends when I wore makeup. I hardly wear makeup on the weekdays because I can't seem to get up early enough. I never been a morning person and that's no excuse. :X It's extremely easy to use and I love that it comes with a brush. It makes it easier to make it more natural.

Would repurchase: Maybe.

Aveeno Positively Nourishing 24-Hour Body Moisturizer in Invigorating: I received this moisturizer from Aveeno long time ago. I don't know why it took me this long to use this product. Actually, I do. I just have a lot of body moisturizers and didn't know where to start. Now that I used this moisturizer, it's great for the summer weather. I definitely wouldn't use it during the winter weather. I don't think it's thick enough for my dry skin. Other than that, the scent is wonderful. I love the grapefruit scent. Unfortunately, they don't make this product anymore.

Would repurchase: No, since they don't make it anymore.

Victoria's Secret Ultra Moisturizing Hand and Body Cream in Endless Love: My co-worker gave me this cream which I used as a hand cream at work. It's hydrating for my spring and summer skin, but it'll definitely won't hydrate my dry winter weather. The consistency is too thin and light for my dry, winter skin. Not only that, it smelled nice. I wouldn't say it's my favorite scent but it's alright. I'm guessing it's floral but I can't recall.

Would repurchase: Maybe.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is bought with my own money except Skin Food, Bory, ERA Ageless, Crown Brush, Benefit, Billion Dollar Brows, Aveeno, and Victoria's Secret. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...