Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Go Chia! Bites and Booster

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post was given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive two Chia Bites and two Chia Booster from Go Chia!

I took this picture from my Instagram. Here's some more information of Go Chia!...

"Go Chia! is a superfoods brand driven to power healthy bodies and fuel vibrant lives.

We create delicious and nutritious grab-and go goodness that keeps your body invigorated and your spirit happy.

To us, chia isn't just a seed; it's a symbol - of the big potential often found in small packages. Our mission (and we invite you to join us) is to inspire others to achieve their goals and dreams by taking small, deliberate steps that lead to big, powerful changes.

We are a highly active brand, and a fun part of that for us is forming meaningful partnerships with like-minded friends and companies that share a similar vision to:

Shake up your life.
Shake up the planet.

Shake it baby!"

I took this from the website. They said it better than I ever could! I was lucky enough to share with my family (brother and dad).
The first one I ate was Chia Bites in Cherry Chunk. Before I talk about Cherry Chunk, let me tell you a little about Chia Bites. It's "a indulgent, Omega-rich, grab and go snack that unites the powerhouse nutrition of ancient grains with subtly sweet flavors you're sure to love." They described Chia bites in Cherry Chunk "with Cherry Chunk, each bite combines sweet and tart together perfectly with the addition of TAR Dried Cherries."

Nutrition Facts and Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size. I actually took this from the website. The website came out better than mine.
Thoughts: When I first opened the bag, I wasn't too sure what to think. The bites were of all different sizes which in many ways I actually like. The uniqueness of the bites made it feel more homemade. That's my own personal opinion.
Here's a picture of one of the bites. I love that it's very three dimensional. It's very crunchy and has multiple taste going at one time. I can taste the seeds, at the same time, the dried cherries. It's pretty good!
The second/last Chia Bites I ate was in Chocolate Chunk. The website describes it "with Dark Chocolate, each bite combines sweet and the decadence of dark chocolate in each bite."

Nutrition Facts and Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: With a positive experience with Chia Bites in Cherry Chunk, I had high hopes for this one.
Let me tell you, this one was my favorite out of the two! The chocolate wasn't that strong but you can definitely taste it. It's crunchy, flavorful, and a good amount of chocolate.

Now for Chia Booster...
The first mix I had was Chia Booster in Cherry Berry. Chia Booster is described as "100% Pure Chia Seeds Booster provides you with the portable nutrient super charge of chia seeds."

Nutrition Facts and Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: Like Chia Bites, I wasn't sure what to expect from Chia Booster.
Here's a picture of the Chia Booster added onto the water. This is before mixing the drink.
Here's how it looks when it's mixed. I noticed the Chia seeds sink to the bottom. I highly recommend you drink with a spoon. This has to be my favorite out of the two. It's pretty delicious and taste like cherry.
The next and last drink is Chia Booster in Lemonade + Super Greens.

Nutrition Facts and Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I had high hopes for this one after tasting Chia Booster in Cherry Berry.
Here's how the mixer looks in water before mixing.
Here's how the mixer looks after I mixed the Booster. In my honest opinion, this was my least favorite from the Bites and Booster. It wasn't to my tasting.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I love being introduced to new food/snack products. When it comes to eating, I tend to go with the things I know. I am very limited but I shouldn't be. Life is full of possibilities. I guess you can say I get scared to tried products, and find it a waste because I don't like it. I need to change my thinking. For that reason, I'm so thankful to be able to try products that I wouldn't even know about. Thank you! Secondly, I've never been a fan of chia seeds. They just don't taste that well in my opinion. It's nice to be introduced to a brand that is healthy and it taste really good! The best part is knowing I'm eating something good for my body. Lastly, it might be a little hard to find. I tried the store locator and unfortunately, there wasn't that many stores around me. Such a shame. I hope they spread more because I definitely would purchase more in the future.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post was given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...