Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Barnana Chewy Banana Bites

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post was given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive two of their new flavors from Barnana Chewy Banana Bites.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I got Apple Cinnamon and Coffee. Here's how Barnana started...

"On a hot summer day in 1981, architect Joao Suplicy took home a large broken skylight from a construction project in the hills of Curitiba, Brasil. Suplicy woke the next morning and discovered that all the grass beneath the skylight had died. This simple, unintentional experiment sparked an idea that started as a personal hobby and continued on as a family tradition.

From this simple revelation, Joao constructed a natural dehydrator and tested it with fresh, peeled bananas. After just five days he had raw, organic, dehydrated bananas that tasted sweet and lasted for months. To their delight, Joao shared the organic bananas with his family and friends, but perhaps the biggest fan of all was his eldest son, Caue.

In 2001, Caue relocated to Southern California to commence his career as a professional triathlete. The Suplicy family tradition of creating organic chewy bananas carried on, as Caue shared the banana superfood with his friends and fellow athletes across the country. After ten years of competing at an elite level, Caue retired from his professional racing career. In 2010, he decided to share the Super Potassium Snack® with the world an embark on a journey that would soon become Barnana®.

We began our journey in Serra Do Mar Brasil to find the best organic bananas. Our Journey continued throughout South America until we found farmers who shared our belief of sustainable, organic whole foods. Equipped with the family secret, we set out to change the way the world snacks, one banana at a time. From humble beginnings in Southern Brasil to the headquarters in La Jolla, California, as the journey continues, join us as we write our next chapter."

I got this from the website and I found the story interesting! Thankfully, I was able to share the chewy bites with my family (dad and brother).
The first one I ate was Apple Cinnamon.

So, what's in the bag?
4 Bananas - 80% Water + 1 Apple + 1 tsp Cinnamon

I found this interesting! It's written on the back of the bag.
Nutrition Facts and Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: Every time I open the bag, the smell of the mixture of apple and banana is strong. It smells so good!
Here's how each bites look. It looks like moist looking brownies. This has to be my favorite out of the two. It's soft, moist, and definitely tastes like apple cinnamon.
Next and last one is Coffee.

So, what's in the bag?
4 Bananas - 80% Water + 1/4 cup Coffee Beans
Nutrition Facts and Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When you open the bag, the smell isn't strong as the Apple Cinnamon but you can smell the coffee after awhile. I'm not a coffee drinker but I love the smell, as well as, coffee ice cream. I wasn't too sure what to think about this initially.
This is my dad and brother's favorite. It looks like a small rock, but it's chewy and not hard on the teeth. It definitely tastes like coffee. It's good.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I never knew banana bites came in other flavors. I'm so glad to be introduced. In all honesty, I want to try the original banana bites itself. I looked on their store locator and I'm so glad I can get it at my local Pavilions, Vons, Sprouts, and so on. I'm glad I wasn't introduced to a brand that's hard to find. Secondly and even though I only received two bags, I'm amazed how each bites differ in shape, consistency, and taste. It makes me more intrigued to try the other flavors they have like the original, and I even want to try the Chocolate and Peanut Butter. Lastly, these are not one of those bags you can only try one and that's it. I noticed I have to eat more than one each time I open the bag. I don't know if that's a good thing, but it feels so good knowing it's all natural/organic and made out of simple ingredients!

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post was given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...